Assistive Technology in the Workplace, 1st Edition
- Results from the Assistive Technology User Study are explained - an extensive and unique research project undertaken by the authors that examines the experiences of AT users in the workplace, the barriers they experience, and the support strategies they use to function in the work environment.
- AT user quotes and anecdotes bring immediacy to obstacles faced in the workplace.
- Vignettes and case studies throughout the text encourage students to apply principles to real-life situations.
- Appendices include listings for various professional organizations, funding, listservs, and research resources, as well as lists of questions therapists and clients should ask in various situations.
- Material progresses in a logical manner, examining each facet of workplace AT beyond its theory and evaluation.
- Consumer/client-centered focus takes the client's needs into account, featuring anecdotes from the users interviewed in the AT User Study.
- Employer concerns are addressed, using anecdotes to illustrate issues from the employer's perspective - an essential factor to consider when selecting appropriate technology.