The Practice of Shiatsu, 1st Edition
- Comprehensive textbook introduces you to all the essentials of shiatsu, offering a complete background on the history of shiatsu, relevant Eastern philosophies and Asian bodywork concepts, the channels (meridians), and proper body mechanics.
- A separate Theory and Practice section explores various assessment methods and how to evaluate assessment information, techniques and positions to address imbalances in each of the Five Elements, and advanced techniques.
- Includes all of the helpful learning features you expect from a Mosby's Massage Career Development Series title, such as a vibrant, full-color design, chapter outlines and learning objectives, key terms, workbook sections, and a companion DVD.
- Authored by a leading expert and certified practitioner with a background in shiatsu education and instruction.
- DVD packaged with the book contains over 90 minutes of video showing specific applications and techniques performed by the author, such as qigong, basic shiatsu techniques, jitsu and kyo, basic kata, including the hara techniques, and a standard treatment session.
- Each video clip on the DVD is referenced in the textbook with numbered icons that direct you to particular clips on the DVD.
- Over 330 full-color illustrations visually represent concepts and techniques.
- Special quote boxes interspersed throughout each chapter, contain thoughts and proverbs from Buddha, Eleanor Roosevelt, the Dalai Lama, Helen Keller, and many others.