Stroke Rehabilitation , 5th Edition
Learn to confidently manage the growing number of stroke rehabilitation clients with Gillen's Stroke Rehabilitation: A Function-Based Approach, 5th Edition. Using a holistic and multidisciplinary approach, this unique text remains the only comprehensive, evidence-based stroke rehabilitation resource for occupational therapists. This new fifth edition has been extensively updated to include the research, trends, and best practices in the field. As with previous editions, this comprehensive reference uses an application-based method that integrates background medical information, samples of functionally based evaluations, and current treatment techniques and intervention strategies.
- Case studies challenge you to apply rehabilitation concepts to realistic scenarios.
- Evidence-based clinical trials and outcome studies clearly outline the basis for stroke interventions.
- A survivor's perspective is included in one chapter to give you a better understanding of the stroke rehabilitation process from the client point-of-view.
- Multidisciplinary approach highlights discipline-specific distinctions in stroke rehabilitation among occupation and physical therapists, physicians, and speech-language pathologists.
- Review questions in each chapter help you assess your understanding of rehabilitation concepts.
- Key terms and chapter objectives at the beginning of each chapter help you study more efficiently.
New to this Edition
- NEW! Revised and expanded content keeps you up to date on the latest information in all areas of stroke rehabilitation.
- NEW! Updated references reflect the changes that have been made in the field.
- NEW! Assessment Appendix and Pharmacological Appendix
- UPDATED! Resources for Educators and Students on Evolve
|Table of Content||
Part 1: Foundations of Stroke Rehabilitation
Part 2: Maximizing Participation in Everyday Activities
Part 3: Maximizing Outcomes for Specific Problem Areas Following Stroke
|Author Informaiton||By Glen Gillen, EdD, OTR, FAOTA, Associate Director and Associate Professor, Rehabilitation and Regenerative Medicine (Occupational Therapy), Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York and Dawn M. Nilsen, EdD, OTR/L, FAOTA, Associate Professor of Regenerative and Rehabilitation Medicine (Occupational Therapy) at Columbia University Medical Center, Programs in Occupational Therapy, Columbia University, New York, New York|
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||Please allow 3 - 4 weeks for delivery.|