Get a quick, expert overview of the etiology, diagnosis, and management of pulmonary and extra pulmonary sarcoidosis with this concise, practical resource. Drs. Robert B. Baughman and Dominique Valeyre fully cover the recent advances in various aspects of this disease, including new genetic studies and new diagnostic techniques. It's an ideal resource for pulmonologists and respiratory medicine specialists, as well as primary care physicians and pulmonary/respiratory care nurses.
- Provides a comprehensive discussion of the various facets of sarcoidosis, including common manifestations of the lung, skin, and eyes, as well as other important aspects such as cardiac and neurologic disease.
- Covers newer diagnostic techniques for the lungs and elsewhere in the body, each discussed in detail and compared to older diagnostic techniques.
- Discusses treatment options including anti-inflammatory drugs, and management of other aspects of the disease, such as pulmonary hypertension, fatigue, and small fiber neuropathy.
- Consolidates today's available information and experience in this important area into one convenient resource.
|Table of Content||
Section 1: Epidemiology and Causes
2. Environmental/Infectious Cause
3. Immunologic Manifestation
4. Genetics of Sarcoidosis
5. Models of Granulomatous Disease
6. Pathology of Granuloma
Section 2: Diagnosis
7. Diagnosis of Sarcoidosis
8. Role of Bronchoscopy
9. Cardiac Sarcoidosis
11. Cutaneous Sarcoidosis
12. Ocular Sarcoidosis
13. Other Visceral Organs
Section 3: Monitoring
15. Evaluation of Pulmonary Disease
16. Roentgenogram, CT, and MRI
17. Nuclear imaging
18. Quality of life
Section 4: Treatment and Complications
20. Anti-inflammatory treatment
21. Fatigue and small fiber neuropathy
22. Calcium, vitamin D, Bones
23. Other treatments
24. Pulmonary hypertension
|Author Information||By Robert Phillip Baughman, Professor of Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA and Dominique Valeyre, MD|
|Trim||235 x 191 (7 1/2 x 9 1/4)|
|Stock Status||Please allow 2 - 3 weeks for delivery|