Pediatric Radiology: The Requisites , 4th Edition
Pediatric Radiology: The Requisites focuses on new and emerging trends in pediatric imaging, with expanded content in all core clinical areas. The authors are prominent pediatric radiologists with extensive clinical experience in each of the subspecialty areas covered. Ideal for all radiology residents and practitioners, including specialists and any general radiologist who images children, this book also features coverage of the increasingly important aspects of communication and interpersonal relations with the patient, family, and members of the entire healthcare team.
- Provides comprehensive yet concise coverage of the core material fundamental to this subspecialty.
- Presents material in a logical anatomic sequence, organized by organ system.
- Features a multi-modality approach, providing the most common imaging techniques tailored to each organ system.
- Includes tables, boxes, pearls, key concepts, and differential diagnosis throughout the text to make key material accessible and easy to reference.
New to this Edition
- Features expanded coverage of new and emerging imaging trends, including state of the art imaging techniques, dose optimization, the roles of the child life specialist and anesthesiologist in pediatric imaging, and the importance of effective communication in pediatric imaging.
- Focuses on team-based patient care with coverage of the increasingly important aspect of interpersonal relations with the patient, family, and members of the healthcare team.
- Crucial differences between pediatric and adult imaging are emphasized within each major organ system.
- Highlights key concepts of pediatric imaging, with special attention paid to dose optimization and the ALARA principle.
- Includes the newest imaging safety standards surrounding children, focusing on safe radiation dosing and optimization of imaging via lower radiation doses.
- Provides updated imaging approaches and illustrations of newer techniques applied in common pediatric conditions.
- 1,120 images clarify basic principles and offer expert image interpretation guidance.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Table of Content||
5. Hepatobiliary, Pancreas, and Spleen
6. Genitourinary Imaging
10. Head and Neck
|Author Informaiton||By Michele Walters, MD, Staff Pediatric Radiologist, Physician Director of Satellite Imaging, Boston Children's Hospital; Instructor in Radiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts and Richard L. Robertson, MD, Chair, Department of Radiologist, Staff Neuroradiologist, Boston Children's Hospital, Associate Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School Boston, Massachusetts|
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||Please allow 3 - 4 weeks for delivery.|
"It provides a good starting point for establishing a complete understanding of pediatric radiology for junior residents and a comprehensive text for medical students. In addition, it provides a comprehensive, accessible, and quick reference for senior residents and practicing general radiologists. Reviewed by Academic Radiology
"The text is well written and easy to read...This is a good textbook for most general departments, radiographers with a peadiatric interest and radiological trainees." Reviewed by Rad Magazine, February 2010