Nursing Interventions & Clinical Skills , 7th Edition
- Coverage of more than 160 skills and interventions addresses the basic, intermediate, and advanced skills you'll use every day in practice.
- Safe Patient Care Alerts highlight risks or other key information to know in performing skills, so you can plan ahead at each step of nursing care.
- Unique! Using Evidence in Nursing Practice chapter provides the information needed to use evidence-based care to solve clinical problems.
- Coverage of evidence-based nursing techniques includes the concept of care bundles, structured practices that improve patient safety and outcomes, in addition to the coverage of teach-back.
- Delegation & Collaboration guidelines help you make decisions in whether to delegate a skill to unlicensed assistive personnel, and indicates what key information must be shared.
- Teach-Back step shows how to evaluate the success of patient teaching, so you can see whether the patient understands a task or topic or if additional teaching may be needed.
- Recording guidelines describe what should be reported and documented after performing skills, with Hand-off Reporting sections listing important patient care information to include in the handoff.
- Special Considerations indicate the additional risks or accommodations you may face when caring for pediatric or geriatric patients, as well as patients in home care settings.
- A consistent format for nursing skills makes it easier to perform skills, organized by Assessment, Planning, Implementation, and Evaluation.
- Media resources include skills performance checklists on the Evolve companion website and related lessons, videos, and interactive exercises on Nursing Skills Online.
New to this Edition
- NEW! 2017 Infusion Nurses Society standards are included on administering IVs and on other changes in evidence-based practice.
- NEW Disaster Preparedness chapter focuses on caring for patients after biological, chemical, or radiation exposure.
- NEW! SBAR samples show how to quickly and effectively communicate a patient's condition in terms of Situation, Background, Assessment, and Recommendation.
- NEW! Practice Reflections sections include a clinical scenario and questions, helping you reflect on clinical and simulation experiences.
- NEW! Three Master Debriefs help you develop a better understanding of the "big picture" by synthesizing skill performance with overall patient care.
|Table of Content||
Unit 1: Quality and Safety in Nursing Practice
|Author Informaiton||By Anne Griffin Perry, RN, EdD, FAAN, Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL; Patricia A. Potter, RN, MSN, PhD, FAAN, Director of Research, Patient Care Services Barnes-Jewish Hospital St. Louis, MO and Wendy Ostendorf, RN, MS, EdD, CNE, Neumann University, Aston, Pennsylvania|
|Stock Status||In Stock|