Magnetic Resonance Imaging, 4th Edition
Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Physical and Biological Principles, 4th Edition offers comprehensive, well-illustrated coverage on this specialized subject at a level that does not require an extensive background in math and physics. It covers the fundamentals and principles of conventional MRI along with the latest fast imaging techniques and their applications. Beginning with an overview of the fundamentals of electricity and magnetism (Part 1), Parts 2 and 3 present an in-depth explanation of how MRI works. The latest imaging methods are presented in Parts 4 and 5, and the final section (Part 6) covers personnel and patient safety and administration issues. This book is perfect for student radiographers and practicing technologists preparing to take the MRI advanced certification exam offered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
"I would recommend it to anyone starting their MRI training and anyone trying to teach MRI to others." Reviewed by RAD Magazine, June 2015
New to this edition
- NEW! Two MRI practice exams that mirror the test items in each ARRT category have been added to the end of the text to help you replicate the ARRT exam experience.
- NEW! Chapter on Partially Parallel Magnetic Resonance Imaging increases the comprehensiveness of the text.
- NEW! Updated key terms have been added to each chapter with an updated glossary defining each term.
- Challenge questions at the end of each chapter help you assess your comprehension.
- Chapter outlines and objectives assist you in following the hierarchy of material in the text.
- Penguin boxes highlight key points in the book to help you retain the most important information and concepts in the text.