Diagnostic Pathology of Infectious Disease , 2nd Edition
Comprehensive and up to date, the Second Edition of Diagnostic Pathology: Infectious Disease, by Dr. Richard Kradin, is an invaluable tool for the accurate diagnosis of any infectious disease―from the common to the most challenging. The organ-based format makes it an especially useful tool for surgical pathologists' daily diagnostic and management issues. High-quality, full-color illustrations and differential diagnosis tables accompany each lesion, clearly depicting how to recognize the morphology of organisms and the spectrum of histological responses that they may cause.
- Addresses the most difficult diagnostic issues that practicing or trainee surgical pathologists face when handling infectious disease tissue specimens.
- Highlights morphological characteristics and landmarks of tissue samples for easy access to information necessary for signing out a specimen.
- Emphasizes the host responses critical in differential diagnosis to serve as a second opinion when non-infectious diagnoses mimic and confound the diagnosis of infection.
New to this Edition
- Completely revised with the latest diagnostic support and hot topics in the field:
- A new chapter on novel techniques in microbiology
- A new chapter on eye infections
- New coverage of immunohistochemical staining and other molecular diagnostic techniques
- New discussions of human papillomavirus, a critical tool in predictive cancer screening
- New information on infections in the immunocompromised host and related special considerations
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, videos (including video updates), glossary, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Table of Content||
2. General Principles in the Diagnosis of Infection
3. Biopsy in the Diagnosis of Infection: Clinical Approach
4. Cytopathology of Infectious and Inflammatory Diseases
5. Ultrastructural Diagnosis of Infection
6. New Techniques for the Diagnosis of Infection
7. Ear, Nose, and Throat Infections
8. Pathology of Pulmonary Infection
9. Cardiac Infections
10. Infections of the Gastrointestinal Tract
11. Liver and Bile Duct Infections
12. Infectious Lymphadenitis
13. Infectious Diseases of the Bone Marrow and Spleen
14. Infection of Bone
15. Infections of Joints, Synovium-lined Structures, and Soft Tissue
16. Genitourinary Infectious Disease Pathology
17. Gynecological Infections
18. Perinatal Infections
19. Infections of the Nervous System
20. Skin Infections
21. Infections of the Eye and Its Adnex
|Author Information||By Richard L. Kradin, MD, DTM&H, Associate Pathologist and Associate Physician, Department of Pathology and Pulmonary/Critical Care Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA. Associate Professor in Pathology and Associate Professor in Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA|
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||Please allow 3 - 4 weeks for delivery.|
|Published Reviews||"This is an excellent resource for any pathologist who wants to brush up on infectious histopathology or to have scope-side for expert consultation. Microbiologists will love the clinical correlate to the microorganisms with which they're so familiar. Users of the first edition will be pleased with the update and pathologists looking for a new reference for infectious histopathology can stop here!" Reviewed by Sarah L. Rooney, BA, MD (University of Michigan Medical School) Doody's Score: 96, 4 Stars!|