Core Curriculum for Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing , 6th Edition
Ensure you're referencing the most accurate information surrounding nursing practice in today's neonatal intensive care unit with AWHONN's Core Curriculum for Maternal-Newborn Nursing, 6th Edition. Developed by one of the most authoritative associations in neonatal intensive nursing care, AWHONN, this renowned guide provides in-depth coverage of the most common neonatal disorders and their management - focusing on the latest evidence-based practice for preterm infants, medications, and antepartum-intrapartum complications. Additionally, the concise outline format makes information easy to find as it highlights the essentials of each condition including the definition, etiology, pathophysiology, signs and symptoms, diagnostic tests, treatments, and outcomes. With timely content that sets the standard for neonatal nursing practice, this trusted reference is an excellent resource for practicing nurses working in any NICU worldwide.
- Content developed by AWHONN , one of the most authoritative associations in neonatal intensive care nursing, ensures the information is both accurate and relevant.
- Concise outline format provides access to important nursing considerations associated with the management of the most common conditions in the neonate.
- Full-scope coverage of neonatal nursing practice provides information on families, ethics, legal issues, research, case management, the transition to home, and more.
- Focus on evidence-based practice related to preterm infants, medications, and antepartum-intrapartum complications sets the standard for neonatal nursing practice.
- Strategies to promote inclusionary care better reflect today's nursing care today with a focus on family-centered care, comprehensive perinatal records, health care teams in the NICU, and infant care best practices.
New to this Edition
- NEW! Expanded information on breastfeeding and acquired opioid dependency keep you informed with the latest best practices related to these two everchanging areas.
- NEW! Updated neonatal resuscitation guidelines ensures you follow the most up-to-date protocols and procedures in this critical skill area.
- NEW! Additional tables and boxes help you quickly find important information.
|Table of Content||
Part One: Antepartum, Intrapartum, and Transition to Extrauterine Life
Appendix A: Newborn Metric Conversion Tables
|Author Informaiton||By AWHONN; Edited by M. Terese Verklan, PhD, CCNS, RNC, FAAN, Professor / Neonatal Clinical Nurse Specialist, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Graduate School of Basic Sciences, School of Nursing, Galveston, Texas, Adjunct Faculty, Texas Woman's University, Houston, Texas ; Marlene Walden, PhD, RN, NNP-BC, CCNS, Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, Advanced Practice Providers Service, Nurse Scientist & Chair, Research Council, Texas Children's Hospital, Assistant Professor, Pediatrics-Newborn, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas and Sharron Forest|
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|