The Opioid Epidemic and Infectious Diseases E- Book
Offering timely guidance on the junction of the opioid crisis and infectious diseases, this practical handbook by Dr. Brianna L. Norton provides concise yet comprehensive coverage of a growing patient population. Infectious disease specialists are increasingly seeing patients who previously used opiods and now use intravenous drugs. Many challenges are unique to this patient population, including new and growing infections such as hepatitis C, endocarditis, HIV, and hepatitis B. The Opioid Epidemic and Infectious Diseases is an up-to-date, real-world guide that covers the scope of the problem, management guidelines, and much more.
- Describes the new landscape of the opioid crisis in the U.S. and its intersection with infectious diseases, including epidemiology, Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) and rural America, and more.
- Offers practical guidance on (OUD) and infectious co-morbidities like hepatitis C, STDs, endocarditis, HIV, and hepatitis B.
- Covers prevention, treatment, and harm reduction.
- Discusses OUD, infectious diseases, and the criminal justice system.
- Consolidates today's available information and guidance into a single, convenient resource.
|Table of Content||The epidemiology of the opioid overdose epidemic in the United States
Daniel Ciccarone, MD, MPH
2. The case of Scott County: injection drug use and HIV/hepatitis C virus Outbreak
3. Opioid use disorder and rural America
4. Opioid use disorder and HIV
5. The Intersection of the Opioid and Hepatitis C Epidemics
6. Chronic hepatitis B and the intersection with opioid use disorders
7. Opioid Use Disorder and Endocarditis
8. Opioid Use Disorder (OUD), Infectious Diseases, and the Criminal Justice System
9. Modeling the impact of harm reduction for opioid use disorder on infectious disease prevention
10. Notes on harm reduction and the opioid epidemic in the United States
11. Outpatient opioid use disorder treatment for the ID physician
12. Inpatient opioid use disorder treatment for the infectious disease physician
13. HIV preexposure prophylaxis for people who inject drugs
|Author Information||Edited by Brianna L. Norton, DO, MPH|