Stories in Ageing - eBook VST , 2nd Edition
Stories in Ageing 2e presents an insightful collection of personal stories as told by a range of older people, carers, health professionals and family members. This unique resource offers nursing students and health professionals an extraordinary perspective on a range of topics related to ageing, including assisting and caring for the older person, the experience of ageing within a culturally diverse society, sexuality in the later years, maintaining independence at home and positive experiences of ageing.
Available as a print or eBook, this valuable resource builds empathy and understanding, and provides examples of innovative approaches to care with a focus on reflection, inquiry and action. The teaching and learning strategies assist in developing skills, attitudes and mindfulness around ageing, with a strong focus on a person-centred and lived approach.
A unique multilayered structure also promotes engagement with learners across diverse educational levels, ranging from certificate qualifications through to the undergraduate and postgraduate student.
Most importantly, Stories in Ageing provides a much-needed consumer voice for the older person, their families and their carers.
- Including 10 chapters, each presenting a variety of stories from consumers, carers and healthcare professionals around a range of topics related to ageing.
- With 19 video stories embedded within eBook presenting personal accounts from a range of lived experiences.
- Reflection, inquiry and action provide the framework for the teaching and learning strategies for each story, aimed at certificate, undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Weblinks, references and readings are included for further reading and research.
- Transcripts of all interviews are included in the back of the book.
|Table of Content||About the authors
About this resource
Chapter 1: Perspectives on Ageing
Chapter 2: Positive Ageing
The Red Hat Ladies' story
Ron and Larry's story
Chapter 3: The Indigenous Older Person
Chapter 4: Ageing Within a Culturally Diverse Society
Chapter 5: Sexuality in the Later Years
Dr Cindy's story
Chapter 6: The Sandwich Generation
Chapter 7: Maintaining Independence in the Home
Chapter 8: Ageing and Health Compromise
Chapter 9: Facing Mortality
Chapter 10: Aged Care Facilities
Further readings and references
|Author Information||By Margaret Webb, RN, RM, BN, GradDip (FET), Med (AWE), GradCert (TESOL), AdvDip (Bus Man) Member, Women's Network Australia; Director, MW Projects QLD; Jan Skinner, RN, DipAppSc, BN, MN, GradCert (Mgt) Regional Operations Manager, Aged Care Services; Member, Australian College of Nursing; Foundation Member, The Lantern Project and Lisa Woodman, RN, BN, GradDip (Ger Nsg), MEd (Prof), MMgt (Aged Care) Member, Australian College of Nursing, STTI, ACHSE|
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||Please allow 3 - 4 weeks for delivery.|