Perioperative Nursing - E-Book , 3rd Edition
Presented in two sections: Professional Practice and Clinical Practice, the text provides an overview of the key concepts, challenges and scope of practice across a range of perioperative environments including: anaesthetics, intraoperative and postanaesthetic recovery care, day surgery and evolving perioperative practices outside of hospital settings.
New patient scenarios woven through the text provide the context for the reader to engage in reflective thinking on the patient journey and place the novice practitioner 'into the workplace' to exemplify practice points, rationales and clinical decision making.
Underpinned with the most recent evidence-based practice, research, standards and guidelines, this highly respected text continues to be an indispensable resource for perioperative nurses.
- Local and international contributors provide wide and diverse expertise on contemporary perioperative practice, research, and standards.
- Learning objectives , critical thinking exercises and research boxes connect nursing theory to nursing practice
- Key concepts and scope of practice across a range of perioperative environments
- Full colour illustrations
New to this Edition
- Aligned to the 2020 ACORN Standards
- Engaging patient scenarios woven through the text, include patient histories and indications for surgery
- Information on managing surgery during pandemics, including COVID 19
- Details of the extended roles available in perioperative practice
|Table of Content||
Section 1- Exercise programming
Practical 1: Introduction to exercise programming
Section 2- Exercise delivery
Practical 4: Aerobic exercise
Section 3- Exercise adherence
Practical 15: Understanding exercise non-adherence
|Author Information||By Menna Davies, RN, MHlthSc (Nsg), GradDip Hlth Law, Cert (Periop Nsg), Cert (Sterilising Tech), FACN, FACORN , Education Consultant and Director of Health Education & Learning Partnerships, New South Wales, Australia; Sally Sutherland-Fraser, RN, BEd (Adult Ed), MEd, Cert (Periop Nsg), Cert IV TAE, MACN, FACORN, Education Consultant and Director of Health Education & Learning Partnerships, New South Wales, Australia ; Benjamin Lockwood, Perioperative Nurse Educator, South Australian Local Health Network (SALHN) Centre for Nursing & Midwifery Education and Research (CNMER) Division of Surgical & Perioperative Medicine (SAPOM) Operating Theatre Suite Flinders Medical Centre Adelaide, SA , AUSTRALIA and Brigid Mary Gillespie, Professor of Patient Safety School of Nursing and Midwifery, Griffith University QLD, AUSTRALIA|
|Stock Status||Available for Pre-Order|