Local Flaps in Facial Reconstruction, 4th Edition
Clearly demonstrates practical and effective methods of reconstruction of skin defects in a variety of sizes, configurations, and locations on the head and neck.
Covers the basic concepts of flap physiology, design, and mechanics of flap transfer, including multiple clinical examples for each flap; the second section describes the use of local flaps in reconstruction of individual facial structures including the auricles, lips, eyelids, cheeks, forehead, and nose.
Contains many new clinical cases, new abstracts preceding each chapter, new algorithms for selecting the preferred local flap, an updated and expanded bibliography, newer approaches to facial reconstruction, and enlarged photographs to better view flap design, planes of dissection, and methods of flap transfer.
Offers new, more complex clinical cases of nasal reconstruction, as well as updated coverage of new wound closure techniques and materials.
Includes an outstanding video library demonstrating the design, dissection, and transfer of the majority of local flaps and grafts currently in use today, accompanied by expert commentary.
Features more than 2,300 superb illustrations and photographs of rotation flaps, transposition flaps, advancement flaps, bilobe flaps, melolabial flaps, paramedian forehead flaps, rhombic flaps, and mucosal flaps.
Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Table of Content||
SECTION I: FUNDAMENTALS
1. Anatomy of Facial Skin and Scalp
2. Skin Flap Physiology
3. Biomechanics of Skin Flaps
4. Wound Closure Techniques
5. Preparation of the Patient
6. Flap Classification and Design
7. Rotation Flaps
8. Transposition Flaps
9. Advancement Flaps
10. Bilobe Flaps
11. Rhombic Flaps
12. Melolabial Flaps
13. Paramedian Forehead Flaps
14. Z: Plasty
15. Skin and Composite Grafts
16. The Use of Skin Grafts with Local Flaps
SECTION II: RECONSTRUCTION OF FACIAL STRUCTURES
17. Reconstruction of the Eyelids
18. Reconstruction of the Nose
19. Reconstruction of the Lips
20. Reconstruction of the Cheek
21. Reconstruction of the Forehead
22. Reconstruction of the Auricle
23. Reconstruction of Congenital Auricular Malformations
24. Reconstruction of the Scalp
SECTION III: ADJUNCTIVE SURGERY
25. Controlled Tissue Expansion In Facial Reconstruction
26. Complications of Local Flaps
27. Scar Revision of Local Flap Refinement
28. Management of Vascular Abnormalities of the Face
|Author Information||By Shan R. Baker, MD, Professor and Chief, section of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Director Center for Facial Cosmetic Surgery, Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI|
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||Please allow 3 - 4 weeks for delivery.|