Toxicology Handbook , 3rd Edition
Toxicology Handbook is a practical evidence-based guide on the care of the poisoned patient.
This concise text is informed by the latest clinical research and takes a rigorous and structured risk assessment-based approach to decision making in the context of clinical toxicology.
It assists the clinician to quickly find information on poisons, toxins, antidotes, envenomings and antivenoms and determine the appropriate treatment for the acutely poisoned patient.
- Guides clinicians through drug administration and treatment
- Includes 'handy tips' and 'pitfalls'
- Incorporates drug dosages and administration are based on current pharmacological regulations
New to this Edition
- Content on drug dosage and administration based on the most up-to-date pharmacological regulations on toxicology
- Geographical locations of envenomings from snakes, spiders and jellyfish are portrayed on illustrated maps
- New subchapters include Newer oral anticoagulants (NOACs) and Paracetamol: Modified release formulations
|Table of Content||
CHAPTER 1 APPROACH TO THE POISONED PATIENT
CHAPTER 2 SPECIFIC CONSIDERATIONS
CHAPTER 3 SPECIFIC TOXINS
CHAPTER 4 ANTIDOTES
CHAPTER 5 ENVENOMINGS
CHAPTER 6 ANTIVENOMS
|Author Informaiton||By Lindsay Murray, MBBS, FACEM, Consultant Emergency Physician, Lismore Base Hospital, Lismore, NSW, Australia; Mark Little, MBBS, DTM&H(Lond), FACEM, MPH&T IDHA, Consultant Emergency Physician and Clinical Toxicologist Cairns Hospital, Associate Professor School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, Queensland Tropical Health Alliance and Consultant Clinical Toxicologist to the NSW Poisons Information Centre, Australia ; Ovidiu Pascu, MD FACEM, Consultant Emergency Physician and Clinical Toxicologist, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Perth, WA Poisons Information Centre; Clinical Senior Lecturer in Emergency Medicine, University of Western Australia, WA, Australia and Kerry Anne Hoggett, MBBS GCertClinTox FACEM , Consultant Emergency Physician and Clinical Toxicologist, Royal Perth Hospital; VMO Clinical Toxicologist, NSW and WA Poisons Information Centres; Clinical Senior Lecturer, University of Western Australia; Adjunct Clinical Lecturer, University of Notre Dame, WA, Australia|
|Trim||190 x 125mm|
|Stock Status||In Stock|