Torres and Ehrlich Modern Dental Assisting , 9th Edition
- Procedures walk you through hands-on laboratory skills and include illustrations, equipment and supplies needed, and the rationale behind each step to help you master the skills.
- Essential for your practice as a dental assistant, CDC boxes familiarize you with the latest CDC guidelines and illustrate how to use them in the clinical setting.
- Review Exercises on Evolve provide additional opportunity for reviewing the topics in the book.
- Shorter chapters offer a more focused discussion of each topic and help you find specific information easily.
- Learn the proper way to sit, reach, stretch, and position your hands and wrists in the Ergonomics chapter.
- Dental Caries chapter discusses the prevention and intervention of caries.
- Interactive Charting Exercises on the CD and written exercises in the workbook provide practice in this critical dental assisting skill.
- Critical Thinking questions and scenarios test your problem solving skills and provide an opportunity for classroom discussion.
- Patient Education boxes at the end of select chapters offer tips and strategies to help you learn to interact and share information with patients.
- Be aware of ethical and legal situations with Legal and Ethical Implications boxes to protect yourself and your patients.
- Explore the latest cutting-edge research, trends, and hot topics that relate to chapter content with Eye to the Future boxes.
- Student Workbook also available
New to this Edition
- Multimedia Procedures DVD packaged with the text includes 60 procedural video clips with optional review questions at the end of each clip to help you visualize difficult concepts and test your knowledge.
- A variety of case studies and review on the Interactive Dental Office CD packaged with the text, allow you to apply your knowledge and sharpen your clinical and practice management skills.
- Evolve website includes Canadian content tailored to Canada's specific nutrition guidelines and privacy regulations.
- Electronic Resources sections list available resources for each chapter on Evolve, the CD-ROM, and the DVD to tie together the text and electronic content.
- Added emphasis on Expanded Functions helps you understand the skills you need to become proficient in complex procedures.
- Updated photos reflect the modern dental assisting environment in which you will practice practice.
|Table of Content||PART 1: THE DENTAL ASSISTING PROFESSION
1. History of Dentistry
2. The Professional Dental Assistant
3. The Dental Healthcare Team
4. Dental Ethics
5. Dentistry and the Law
PART 2: SCIENCES IN DENTISTRY
6. General Anatomy
7. General Physiology
8. Oral Embryology and Histology
9. Head and Neck Anatomy
10. Landmarks of the Face and Oral Cavity
11. Overview of the Dentitions
12. Tooth Morphology
PART 3: ORAL HEALTH AND PREVENTION OF DENTAL DISEASE
13. Dental Caries
14. Periodontal Diseases
15. Preventive Dentistry
17. Oral Pathology
PART 4: INFECTION CONTROL IN DENTISTRY
19. Disease Transmission and Infection Control
20. Principles and Techniques of Disinfection
21. Principles and Techniques of Sterilization
PART 5: OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
22. Regulatory and Advisory Agencies
23. Chemical Safety
24. Dental Unit Waterlines
PART 6: PATIENT INFORMATION AND ASSESSMENT
26. The Patient Record
27. Vital Signs
28. Oral Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
29. The Medically and Physically Compromised Patient
30. Principles of Pharmacology
31. Assisting in a Medical Emergency
PART 7: FOUNDATION OF CLINICAL DENTISTRY
32. The Dental Office
33. Delivering Dental Care
34. Dental Hand Instruments
35. Dental Handpieces and Accessories
36. Moisture Control
37. Anesthesia and Pain Control in Dentistry
PART 8: DENTAL RADIOLOGY
38. Foundations of Radiography, Radiographic Equipment, and Radiologic Safety
39. Dental Film and Processing Radiographs
40. Legal Issues, Quality Assurance, and Infection Control
41. Intraoral Radiography
42. Extraoral and Digital Radiography
PART 9: DENTAL MATERIALS
43. Restorative and Esthetic Materials
44. Dental Liners, Bases, and Bonding Systems
45. Dental Cements
46. Impression Materials
47. Laboratory Materials and Procedures
PART 10: COMPREHENSIVE DENTAL CARE
48. Restorative Dentistry
49. Matrix Systems for Restorative Dentistry
50. Fixed Prosthodontics
51. Provisional Coverage
52. Removable Prosthodontics
53. Dental Implants
56. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
57. Pediatric Dentistry
58. Coronal Polishing
59. Dental Sealants
PART 11: DENTAL ADMINISTRATION AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
61. Communication in the Dental Office
62. Business Office Systems
63. Financial Management in the Dental Office
64. Marketing Your Skills
|Author Information||By Doni L. Bird, CDA, RDH, MA, Director of Allied Dental Education, Santa Rosa Junior College, Santa Rosa, CA and Debbie S. Robinson, CDA, MS, Visiting Research Scholar, Department of Operative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC|
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||Please allow 3 - 4 weeks for delivery.|
"BOOK OF THE MONTH... There is a great deal of information in this hardback and its accompanying multi-media learning aids."
BDA News, October 2009