Pharmacology Online for Lehne's Pharmacology for Nursing Care (Access Card) , 10th Edition
Get hands-on practice applying your knowledge of nursing pharmacology! Pharmacology Online for Lehne's Pharmacology for Nursing Care, 10th Edition is a unique, hybrid online course, containing self-study modules along with interactive case studies. This visually engaging course has been thoroughly updated to reflect changes to the 10th edition of the textbook. It features entertaining videos, animations, NCLEX® examination-style quizzes, and additional activities to help you master key principles in nursing pharmacology and perfect your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- 21 self-study modules provide a thorough introduction to the basic principles of pharmacology, drug calculations, and several major drug content areas using an interactive combination of media: text, animations, illustrations, integrated active learning exercises, and dynamic hyperlinks.
- 27 interactive case studies with quizzes immerse yourself in true-to-life clinical scenarios in the safety of a virtual setting, accompanied by rationales and remediation tools to help you improve your understanding of correct and incorrect choices.
- Close to 300 interactive learning activities test your knowledge of critical drug content in a fun, game-like format.
- 110 NCLEX Examination-style practice quizzes prepare you for the pharmacology questions you will encounter on the NCLEX exam and provide rationales and textbook page references to streamline remediation.
- UNIQUE! Roadside Assistance video clips hosted by renowned pharmacologist and speaker Alan P. Agins, PhD, infuse difficult content with humor and relevance for easier understanding.
- 42 animations accompanied by voiceover narrations are integrated into the self-study modules to clarify concepts.
- 19 care planning activities challenge you to apply what you've learned to the planning of patient care.
- Updated online drug handbook provides hands-on practice in consulting an up-to-date drug reference for clinical decision-making.
- Audio glossary helps you master definitions and pronunciations for more than 1,400 terms and drug names.
New to this Edition
- NEW! Updated self-study modules, interactive case studies, and content coordinates with the 10th Edition of the Lehne text and includes the latest information on major new drugs, drug classes, therapeutic uses, and discontinued drugs.
|Table of Content||UNIT I: INTRODUCTION
UNIT II: BASIC PRINCIPLES OF PHARMACOLOGY
UNIT III: DRUG THERAPY ACROSS THE LIFE SPAN
UNIT IV: PERIPHERAL NERVOUS SYSTEM DRUGS
UNIT V: CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM DRUGS
UNIT VI: DRUGS THAT AFFECT FLUID AND ELECTROLYTE BALANCE
UNIT VII: DRUGS THAT AFFECT THE HEART, BLOOD VESSELS, AND BLOOD
UNIT VIII: DRUGS FOR ENDOCRINE DISORDERS
UNIT IX: WOMEN'S HEALTH
UNIT X: MEN'S HEALTH
UNIT XI: ANTI-INFLAMMATORY, ANTIALLERGIC, AND IMMUNOLOGIC DRUGS
UNIT XII: DRUGS FOR BONE AND JOINT DISORDERS
UNIT XIII: RESPIRATORY TRACT DRUGS
UNIT XIV: GASTROINTESTINAL DRUGS
UNIT XV: NUTRITION
UNIT XVI: CHEMOTHERAPY OF INFECTIOUS DISEASES
UNIT XVII: CHEMOTHERAPY OF PARASITIC DISEASES
UNIT XVIII: CANCER CHEMOTHERAPY
UNIT XIX: MISCELLANEOUS DRUGS AND THERAPIES
UNIT XX: TOXICOLOGY
LIBRARY OF SUPPLEMENTAL RESOURCES
Online Drug Handbook
|Author Information||By Jacqueline Burchum, DNSc, APRN, BC, Associate Professor, College of Nursing, Department of Advanced Practice and Doctoral Studies, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee and Laura Rosenthal, DNP, ACNP, Associate Professor, College of Nursing, University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, Denver, Colorado|
|Trim||229 x 152 (6 x 9)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|