25 % off Other book
Mosby's Radiography Online: Anatomy & Positioning to Accompany Merrill's Atlas of Radiographic Positions & Radiologic Procedures (Access Code) , 10th Edition
Designed to work in conjunction with Ballinger and Frank's Merrill's Atlas of Radiographic Positions and Radiologic Procedures, this online course supplement enhances students' understanding of anatomy and positioning by providing a well-developed range of media-rich assets such as animations with audio narrations, self-assessment reviews, and interactive activities. This unique program promotes problem-based learning and encourages critical thinking that is essential in the clinical setting. Used in conjunction with the text, this online supplement offers greater learning opportunities than the text alone, while accommodating diverse learning styles and environments.
- Course management tools - available in Blackboard and WebCT versions - offer a variety of student and instructor communications options and instructor administrative tools such as real-time chat, class calendar, e-mail connections, bulletin board, digital dropbox, discussion boards, instructor syllabus, gradebook, and more.
- Animations and slide shows with audio narration demonstrate positioning procedures and communicate complex concepts.
- Case studies, film evaluations, and a variety of interactive exercises, including matching, multiple choice with rationales, labeling, and short answer, reinforce learning and keep students involved.
- Anatomy and articulation reviews following an assigned reading from the text present a series of self-assessment labeling exercises that check students' understanding before proceeding to the next section.
- Special situations frequently encountered in the clinical environment are presented wth narrated animations, slide shows, and clinical situations requiring student response.
- Film evaluations present radiographic images showing positioning and technical errors with questions to promote critical thinking and interactive learning.
- Learning Links direct students to related sites on the Internet and pose questions related to the link.
- A summary Capstone module draws together information presented in the other modules for a series of interactive case scenarios involving multiple regions of the body for students to assess, evaluate, and solve.
- Self-assessment quizzes offer pre- and post-testing that enables students to assess their own learning needs before taking the exam.
- Exams are automatically scored and reported to the instructor's gradebook.
|Table of Content||1. Positional and Directional Medical Terminology
2. Upper Limb
3. Shoulder Girdle
4. Lower Limb
5. Pelvis and Upper Femora
6. Vertebral Column
7. Thoracic Viscera
9. Facial Bones and Paranasal Sinuses
|Author Information||By Philip W. Ballinger, PhD, RT(R), FAERS, FASRT, Emeritus Professor, Radiologic Technology Division, School of Allied Medical Professions, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH; and Eugene D. Frank, MA, RT(R), FASRT, Program Director, Radiography, Riverland Community College, Austin, MN|
|Trim||8 x 10|
|Stock Status||Please allow 3 - 4 weeks for delivery.|
Write Your Own Review