Linne & Ringsrud's Clinical Laboratory Science , 7th Edition
Using a discipline-by-discipline approach, Linne & Ringsrud's Clinical Laboratory Science: Concepts, Procedures, and Clinical Applications, 7th Edition provides a fundamental overview of the skills and techniques you need to work in a clinical laboratory and perform routine clinical lab tests. Coverage of basic laboratory techniques includes key topics such as safety, measurement techniques, and quality assessment. Clear, straightforward instructions simplify lab procedures, and are described in the CLSI (Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute) format. Written by well-known CLS educator Mary Louise Turgeon, this text includes perforated pages so you can easily detach procedure sheets and use them as a reference in the lab!
- Hands-on procedures guide you through the exact steps you'll perform in the lab.
- Review questions at the end of each chapter help you assess your understanding and identify areas requiring additional study.
- A broad scope makes this text an ideal introduction to clinical laboratory science at various levels, including CLS/MT, CLT/MLT, and Medical Assisting, and reflects the taxonomy levels of the CLS/MT and CLT/MLT exams.
- Detailed full-color illustrations show what you will see under the microscope.
- An Evolve companion website provides convenient online access to all of the procedures in the text, a glossary, audio glossary, and links to additional information.
- Case studies include critical thinking and multiple-choice questions, providing the opportunity to apply content to real-life scenarios.
- Learning objectives help you study more effectively and provide measurable outcomes to achieve by completing the material.
- Streamlined approach makes it easier to learn the most essential information on individual disciplines in clinical lab science.
- Experienced author, speaker, and educator Mary Lou Turgeon is well known for providing insight into the rapidly changing field of clinical laboratory science.
- Convenient glossary makes it easy to look up definitions without having to search through each chapter.
New to this Edition
- NEW! Procedure worksheets have been added to most chapters; perforated pages make it easy for students to remove for use in the lab and for assignment of review questions as homework.
- NEW! Instrumentation updates show new technology being used in the lab.
- NEW! Additional key terms in each chapter cover need-to-know terminology.
- NEW! Additional tables and figures in each chapter clarify clinical lab science concepts.
|Table of Content||
PART I: Basic Laboratory Techniques
PART II: Clinical Laboratory Specializations
|Author Information||By Mary Louise Turgeon, EdD, MLS(ASCP)CM, Clinical Laboratory Education Consultant, Mary L. Turgeon & Associates, Boston, MA, and St. Petersburg, FL; Clinical Adjunct Assistant Professor, School of Medicine, Tufts University, Boston, MA; Adjunct Professor, Northeastern University, College of Professional Studies, Boston, MA; Professor, South University, Physician Assistant Program, Tampa, FL|
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||Please allow 3 - 4 weeks for delivery.|
This edition has updated virtually every chapter to remain current with contemporary clinical laboratory science. Obviously a book this broadly focused cannot go into the level of detail of standard laboratory medicine textbooks, and this one hits the right tone and level of detail for students or practitioners early in their career.
This is a great companion book to accompany didactic or practical training of medical laboratory scientist training programs. It is very useful for anyone wanting a broad and basic understanding of clinical laboratory science.
Valerie L. Ng, PhD MD(Alameda County Medical Center/Highland Hospital), Doody Review Service