Laboratory Procedures for Veterinary Technicians , 6th Edition
Now in full color with hundreds of new images, Laboratory Procedures for Veterinary Technicians, 6th Edition covers the broad spectrum of laboratory procedures that veterinary technicians need to perform effectively in the practice setting. Comprehensive content presents the fundamentals of microbiology, hematology, urinalysis, immunology, and cytology, along with the laboratory procedures used to perform the most widely used tests such as complete blood count, urinalysis, and immunologic assays. This edition includes newly organized chapters with expanded coverage of essential material to prepare you for real-life laboratory work.
"Everything you would expect from an in- house lab is listed here." Reviewed by Fabienne Dethioux on behalf of Vet Nurses Today, March 2015
- Comprehensive coverage gives you a solid foundation in the fundamentals of microbiology, hematology, urinalysis, immunology, and cytology, along with the laboratory procedures used to perform related tests.
- Step-by-step procedure boxes offer quick access to the skills you must perform during your educational program, as well as procedures that are commonly performed by vet techs in private practice.
- Provides the latest information needed to successfully perform a broad spectrum of laboratory tests, including complete blood count, urinalysis, and immunologic assays.
- Completely updated content throughout reflects the latest advances in veterinary clinical laboratory procedures for improved patient service and higher practice revenue.
- A comprehensive glossary of terms at the end of the text offers accurate, concise definitions and phonetic pronunciation guides.
New to this Edition
- NEW! Streamlined chapters are shorter and easier to digest with expanded coverage of essential material to prepare you for real-life laboratory work.
- NEW! Full-color photos bring concepts to life, sequentially arranged to illustrate step-by-step procedures for all commonly performed diagnostic tests in the clinical laboratory.
- NEW! Companion Lab Manual (sold separately) includes multiple-choice questions, fill-in-the-blank exercises, photo quizzes, labeling exercises, crossword puzzles, and other activities to help you master and apply key concepts and procedures in clinical situations.
- NEW! Special emphasis on the significance of abnormal results of key lab tests, zoonoses, and hematology.
- NEW! Vet Tech Threads provide you with introductions, suggested readings, boxed technician notes, learning objectives, chapter outlines, key terms, and a glossary for easy navigation through chapters and more focused learning.
|Table of Content||
UNIT 1: THE VETERINARY PRACTICE LABORATORY
UNIT 2: HEMATOLOGY
UNIT 3: HEMOSTASIS
UNIT 4: IMMUNOLOGY
UNIT 5: URINALYSIS
UNIT 6: CLINICAL CHEMISTRY
UNIT 7: MICROBIOLOGY
UNIT 8: PARASITOLOGY
UNIT 9: CYTOLOGY
Appendix A: Reference Ranges
|Author Information||By Margi Sirois, EdD, MS, RVT, LAT, Wright Career College, Overland Park, Kansas, USA|
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||Please allow 3 - 4 weeks for delivery.|
"This very practical book tells you all you need to know in order to be as efficient as possible in your clinic's lab." Reviewed by Fabienne Dethioux on behalf of Vet Nurses Today, March 2015