Klaus and Fanaroff's Care of the High-Risk Neonate , 6th Edition
Stay up to date with recent advances in the NICU with Klaus and Fanaroff's Care of the High-Risk Neonate, 6th Edition. This trusted neonatology reference thoroughly covers the new guidelines, equipment, drugs, and treatments that have greatly increased the chance of survival for high-risk infants. Expert contributors deliver the information you need to stay on top of the technological and medical advances in this challenging field.
- Benefit from the expert advice offered in concise, easy-to-read editorial comments throughout the book.
- Assess your knowledge with comprehensive question-and-answer sections at the end of each chapter.
- Understand the clinical relevance of what you've learned with case studies that highlight real-world application.
- Own the reference trusted for nearly 40 years by those who care for at-risk neonates in the dynamic and challenging NICU.
New to this Edition
- Get fast access to need-to-know information on drugs used in the NICU, normal values, and much more in the fully updated appendices.
- Keep your knowledge up to date with expanded coverage of evidence-based medicine and the role of networks in generating evidence.
- Stay current with all aspects of neonatal care, including resuscitation, transport, nutrition, respiratory problems and assisted ventilation, and organ-specific care.
- Access the fully searchable text online, download images, and more at www.expertconsult.com.
|Table of Content||
Evidence-based Medicine and the Role of Networks in Generating Evidence
Antenatal and Intrapartum Care of the High-Risk Neonate
Resuscitation at Birth
Recognition, Stabilization, and Transport of the High-Risk Newborn
Size and Physical Examination of the Newborn Infant
The Physical Environment
Nutrition and Selected Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract
Care of the Parents
Nursing Practice in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Glucose, Calcium, and Magnesium
Infections in the Neonate
Brain Disorders of the Fetus and Neonate
The Outcome of Neonatal Intensive Care
Ethical Issues in the Perinatal Period
Drugs Used for Emergency and Cardiac Indications in Newborns
Drug Dosing Table
Umbilical Vessel Catheterization
|Author Information||By Jonathan M Fanaroff, MD, Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine; Director, Rainbow Center for Pediatric Ethics; Co-Director, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital, Cleveland, Ohio and Avroy A. Fanaroff, MB, FRCP(Edinburgh), FRCP, CH, Eliza Henry Barnes Chair of Neonatology, Rainbow & Babies Children's Hospital; Professor, Department of Pediatrics and Reproductive Biology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio|
|Trim||260 x 184 (7 1/4 x 10 1/4)|
|Stock Status||Please allow 3 - 4 weeks for delivery.|
"This is an iconic book in neonatology. Its reappearance after an 11-year absence is very welcome, indeed. Although not as inclusive as the major neonatal textbooks, it continues to be innovative in the presentation of material and the introduction of new subjects, such as the role of networks in providing evidence-based data. This book should be part of every neonatal library and this edition will find a place on my shelf next to the previous five." - Jay P. Goldsmith, MD(Tulane University School of Medicine) Doody 5 stars!