Human Embryology and Developmental Biology , 6th Edition
Completely revised from cover to cover, Human Embryology and Developmental Biology, 6th Edition, helps you master complex concepts on every aspect of normal and abnormal human development. Dr. Bruce M. Carlson provides authoritative, readable coverage of today's scientific knowledge in this fast-changing field, keeping you up to date with what you need to know for coursework, exams, and clinical practice.
- Features an extensive, full-color illustration program, with hundreds of superb clinical photos and embryological drawings - more than 50 new to this edition.
- Presents information in an integrated, easy-to-follow manner, incorporating molecular, experimental, and morphological material into each relevant area of the text.
- Includes numerous new, high-quality photos of congenital malformations.
- Provides major updates to many topics, including neuroembryology, early embryology, fetal imaging techniques, somite formation, and craniofacial development.
- Newly added series of animations for visualization of complex embryological processes.
- Offers helpful bonus material online, including the animations, there is also self-assessment questions, up-to-date references, and much more.
- Helps you understand the molecular basis of embryology, including the processes of branching and folding - essential knowledge for determining the root of many abnormalities.
- Features clinical vignettes and Clinical Correlations boxes to help you better understand the clinical manifestations of developmental abnormalities.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Table of Content||
Part 1. Early Developmental and the Fetal-Maternal Relationship
1. Getting Ready for Pregnancy
2. Transport of Gametes and Fertilization
3. Molecular Basis for Embryonic Development
4. Cleavage and Implantation
5. Formation of Germ Layers and Early Derivatives
6. Establishment of the Basic Embryonic Body Plan
7. Placenta and Extraembryonic Membranes
8. Developmental Disorders: Causes, Mechanisms, and Patterns
Part 2. Development of the Body Systems
9. Integumentary, Skeletal, and Muscular Systems
10. Limb Development
11. Nervous System
12. Neural Crest
13. Sense Organs
14. Head and Neck
15. Digestive and Respiratory Systems and Body Cavities
16. Urogenital System
17. Cardiovascular System
18. Fetal Period and Birth
Answers to Clinical Vignettes and Review Questions
|Author Information||By Bruce M. Carlson, MD, PhD, Professor, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology; Director, Institute of Gerontology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI|
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|