Foundations and Adult Health Nursing , 8th Edition
Learn the skills essential to clinical practice with Foundations and Adult Health Nursing, 8th Edition! This all-inclusive guide to fundamentals and medical-surgical nursing for the LPN/LVN covers everything from anatomy and physiology to nursing interventions and maternity, neonatal, pediatric, geriatric, mental health, and community health care. Guidelines for patient care are presented within the framework of the nursing process; Nursing Care Plans are described within a case-study format to help you develop skills in clinical decision-making. In addition, the accessible, friendly overall style and clearly written review questions helps you to prepare for the NCLEX-PN® examination.
- Clear coverage of skills across the human lifespan includes maternity, pediatrics, adults, and older adults.
- Full-color, step-by-step instructions for over 110 skills show nursing techniques and procedures along with rationales for each.
- Tenth grade reading level helps you to understand complex topics.
- Skills are presented in a step-by-step format with clearly defined nursing actions and rationales.
- Mathematics review in Dosage Calculation and Medication Administration chapter covers basic arithmetic skills prior to the discussion of medication administration.
- Safety Alerts cover issues related to safe patient care in a variety of settings.
- Health Promotion Considerations boxes highlight information on wellness and disease prevention, including infection control, diet, and pregnancy.
- Nursing Care Plans emphasize patient goals and outcomes within a case-study format, and promotes clinical decision-making with critical thinking questions at the end of each care plan.
- Patient Teaching boxes include post-hospital discharge guidelines and disease prevention instructions with a strong focus on three-way communication among the nurse, patient, and family members.
- Communication boxes illustrate communication strategies using real-life examples of nurse-patient dialogue.
- Lifespan Consideration boxes provide you with age-specific information for the care of the patient.
- Home Health Considerations boxes discuss issues facing patients and their caregivers in the home setting.
- Get Ready for the NCLEX® Examination section at the end of each chapter provides Key Points, Review Questions, and Critical Thinking Activities to reinforce learning.
- Coordinated Care boxes promote comprehensive patient care with other members of the health care team, focusing on prioritization, assignment, supervision, collaboration, delegation, and leadership topics.
New to this Edition
- NEW! Expanded and updated art program enhances content with original photos and line art.
- NEW! NCLEX-PN Review questions at the end of each chapter include alternate item formats and cover all chapter objectives.
- NEW! Reorganized chapters make it easier for you to follow and understand the material.
- Expanded and updated Cultural Considerations boxes explore specific health and cultural issues to help you address the needs of the increasingly diverse patient and resident populations.
|Table of Content||
Unit I: Fundamentals of Nursing
Unit II: Fundamentals of Clinical Practice
Unit III: Introduction to Nursing Interventions
Unit IV: Nursing Care Across the Life Span
Unit V: Fundamentals of Mental Health Nursing
Unit VI: Fundamentals of Community Health Nursing
Unit VII: Adult Health Nursing
Unit VIII: From Graduate to Professional
Appendix A Abbreviations
|Author Information||By Kim Cooper, RN, MSN, Chair, Nursing Department Program, Ivy Tech State College, Terre Haute, Indiana and Kelly Gosnell, RN, MSN, Associate Professor of Nursing, Ivy Tech Community College, Terre Haute, Indiana|
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||Please allow 3 - 4 weeks for delivery.|