Examination Medicine , 8th Edition
Now in its eighth edition, Examination Medicine: a guide to physician training, has prepared generations of physician trainees and medical students for their clinical examinations.
Instructive, informative and aligned with current practice, this new edition gives you an overview of what to expect, what is expected of you and how to develop a mature clinical approach to complex medical problems.
Talley and O'Connor share their valuable advice on how to prepare for the examinations, use your time to best effect and avoid common pitfalls to ensure you give your best possible performance in your examinations and beyond.
- Video tutorials of long and short cases included on ExpertConsult
- Clinical photographs of signs and conditions
- 50 long cases including history, examination, investigations, treatment and possible lines of questioning
- Sample long cases from the examiner's perspective including discussion points and clinical traps
- 30 short cases including guidance for 'spot diagnosis' and 'common stems'
- Hint boxes highlighting common pitfalls and useful tips
|Table of Content||
Chapter 1 - Basic physician training
|Author Informaiton||By Nicholas J Talley, MD (NSW), PhD (Syd), MMedSci (Clin Epi)(Newc.), FAHMS, FRACP, FAFPHM, FRCP (Lond. & Edin.), FACP , Pro Vice-Chancellor, Global Research, University of Newcastle, Australia Professor of Medicine, Faculty of Health and Medicine, University of Newcastle, Australia President, Royal Australasian College of Physicians Chair-Elect, Committee of Presidents of Medical Colleges (CPMC) Hon. Treasurer, Australian Academy of Health and Medical Sciences Senior Staff Specialist, John Hunter Hospital, Newcastle, Australia Adjunct Professor and Consultant, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA Adjunct Professor, University of North Carolina, NC, USA Foreign Guest Professor, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden and Simon O'Connor, FRACP DDU FCSANZ , Cardiologist, Canberra Hospital; Clinical Senior Lecturer, Australian National University Medical School, Canberra, ACT, Australia|
|Stock Status||In Stock|