25 % off Paperback
Endocrine Physiology , 3rd Edition
This volume in the Mosby Physiology Monograph Series explains the fundamentals of endocrine physiology in a clear and concise manner. It provides you with a basic understanding of how the endocrine system functions in health and disease. Attractively illustrated with clear 2-color diagrams, this volume also facilitates study with learning objectives, overview boxes, chapter summaries, and clinical cases with questions and explained answers.
- Stay current with clear, accurate, and up-to-the-minute coverage of the physiology of the endocrine system focusing on the needs of the student.
- Bridge the gap between normal function and disease with pathophysiology content throughout the book.
- Master the material more easily with learning objectives, overview boxes, key words and concepts, chapter summaries, and clinical cases with questions and explained answers.
- Understand complex concepts by examining more than 200 clear, 2-color diagrams.
- Apply what you've learned to real-life clinical situations using featured clinical commentaries.
|Table of Content||1. Introduction to the Endocrine System
2. Anterior Pituitary Gland
3. Posterior Pituitary Gland
4. Thyroid Gland
5. Endocrine Pancreas
6. Endocrine Regulation of Calcium and Phosphate Metabolism
7. Adrenal Gland
8. Male Reproductive System
9. Female Reproductive System
10. Endocrinology of Pregnancy
Appendix A: List of Abbreviations and Symbols
Appendix B: Answers to Self Study Problems
Appendix C: Comprehensive Multiple Choice Examination
|Author Information||By Susan Porterfield, MD, Professor of Physiology and Endocrinology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA; and Bruce White, PhD, Professor, Department of Cell Biology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Framington, CT|
|Trim||235 x 191 (7 1/2 x 9 1/4)|
|Stock Status||Please allow 3 - 4 weeks for delivery.|
Write Your Own Review