Temporary Anchorage Devices in Orthodontics , 2nd Edition
Achieve excellent patient outcomes with minimally invasive, cost-effective procedures! Temporary Anchorage Devices in Orthodontics, 2nd Edition covers everything you need to know to begin offering TADs in your practice. More than 1,500 full-color photos and illustrations guide you through the entire treatment process, from diagnosis and planning to biomechanics, implants and anchorage devices, and management of problems. Detailed case reports provide insight into the treatment of specific conditions. From a team of expert contributors led by Ravindra Nanda, this book shows the temporary anchorage techniques that will take your orthodontic skills to the next level.
- Over 1,500 full-color clinical photographs and line drawings depict important concepts and techniques, and show treatment progress from beginning to end.
- Case Report boxes walk you through the treatment of specific conditions, from initial patient visit to final outcome, with clinical photos showing the changes that occur at each stage of treatment.
- Unique coverage of temporary anchorage devices is provided by this complete, comprehensive, one-of-a-kind reference, as the use of TADs is becoming more and more popular within the field of orthodontics.
- Expert contributors from all over the world share their experience and current knowledge of each topic, ensuring that you have accurate, up-to-date, and clinically relevant information.
- Logical organization begins with a discussion of basic orthodontic principles and moves on to diagnosis and treatment planning, implants and anchorage devices, and management of problems.
New to this Edition
- NEW Anchorage of TADs Using Aligner Orthodontics Treatment for Lower Molars Distalization chapter helps you incorporate TADs to clear aligner therapy.
- NEW Expert Consult website provides an online version of the book, allowing you to search the entire book electronically.
- NEW! Updated clinical photos illustrate the advances that have been made since publication of the first edition.
- NEW! Updated content reflects the latest research and advances in this evolving area.
|Table of Content||PART 1: BIOLOGY & BIOMECHANICS OF SKELETAL ANCHORAGE
1. Biomechanics Principles in Mini-screw Driven Orthodontics
PART 2: DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT PLANNING
2. Three-Dimensional Evaluation of Bone Sites for Mini Implant Placement
3. NEW! Success Rates and Risk Factors Associated with Skeletal Anchorage
PART 3: PALATAL IMPLANTS
4. Space Closure for Missing Upper Lateral Incisors
5. Predictable Management of Molar Management with i-station
6. MAPA: The 3D Miniscrews Assisted Palatal Appliances and One Visit Protocol
7. Asymmetric Non-Compliance Upper Molar Distalization in Aligner Treatment Using Palatal TADs and the Beneslider
PART 4: SKELETAL PLATES
8. Non-Extraction Treatment of Bimaxillary Anterior Crowding with Bioefficient Skeletal Anchorage
9. Managing Complex Orthodontic Problems with Skeletal Anchorage
PART 5: ZYGOMATIC IMPLANTS
10. Zygomatic Miniplate Supported Open Bite Treatment: an Alternative Method to Orthognathic Surgery
11. Zygomatic Miniplate Supported Molar Distalization
PART 6: BUCCAL TADS AND EXTRA ALVEOLAR TADS
12. Managing Complex Orthodontic Tooth Movement with C-Tube Microplates
13. Application of Buccal TADs for Distalization of Teeth
14. Application of Extra-Alveolar Implants to Manage Various Complex Tooth Movements
PART 7: MANAGEMENT OF MULTIDISCIPLINARY AND COMPLEX PROBLEMS
15. Management of Skeletal Open Bites with TADs
16. Orthognathic Camouflage with TADs for Improving Facial Profile in Class III Malocclusion
17. Management of Multidisciplinary Patients with TADs
18. NEW! Second Molar Protraction and Third Molar Uprighting
19. Class II Non-extraction Treatment with MGBM System and Dual Distal System
20. NEW! Anchorage of TADs Using Aligner Orthodontics Treatment for Lower Molars Distalization
|Author Informaiton||Edited by Ravindra Nanda, BDS, MDS, PhD, Professor and Head, Department of Craniofacial Sciences; Chair, Division of Orthodontics, School of Dental Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT; Flavio Andres Uribe, DDS, MDentSc, Associate Professor Program Director Division of Orthodontics Department of Craniofacial Sciences School of Dental Medicine University of Connecticut Farmington, CT and Sumit Yadav, BDS, MDS, PhD, Associate Professor, Orthodontics, Craniofacial Sciences, UConn Health|
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|