Essentials of Dental Assisting , 6th Edition
Focusing on the core clinical skills and knowledge necessary to become a practicing dental assistant, Essentials of Dental Assisting, 6th Edition, is the perfect resource to help you succeed in this fast-paced program. Fully updated to include the latest procedures and trends, this practice resource has been specifically designed and written to help you easily grasp the most important information. Plus, with its vivid step-by-step procedures, practical application exercises, learning aids, and built-in study tools, you'll have the everything you need to master the essential skills and start a successful and rewarding career as a dental assistant!
- Focus on Clinical Dental Assisting provides essential information on core skills and procedures.
- Cutting-edge content and approachable writing style ensure that you learn to perform the most up-to-date practices.
- Easy-to-follow organization offers 29 succinct chapters that move from profession basics and sciences to infection control, chair-side treatment foundations, and patient care in general and specific dentistry.
- Step-by-step procedures of skills dental assistants must master feature a consistent format that includes a goal, equipment, chronological steps, and rationales, supplemented liberally with photos to einforce explanations and icons to identify key issues.
- Exam practice includes review questions at the end of each chapter and a practice exam online to help you test your understanding of chapter content and prepare for classroom and board exams.
- Apply Your Knowledge boxes encourage you to assimilate the chapter content and apply it to common situations in the practice setting.
- Ethical Implications at the end of each chapter's narrative encourage students to focus on the legal and ethical behaviors they will need to practice to protect themselves, their patients, and the practices for which they work.
- Key terminology begins each chapter and is highlighted within text discussions.
- Learning objectives help you set goals for accomplishment and also serve as checkpoints for comprehension.
New to this Edition
- NEW! Updated chapter discussions provide additional information on dynamic areas such as the electronic health record, impact of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), preventive techniques, and the new hazard communication standard.
- NEW! Revised photos and illustrations feature more modern illustrations and newer products and equipment.
- NEW! 10 new and 20 revised video clips feature significant changes in the dental imaging and dental materials sections of the comprehensive video collection - now with 70 video clips in total.
|Table of Content||
PART 1: The Profession
PART 2: The Sciences
PART 3: Infection Prevention and Hazardous Materials
PART 4: Dental Treatment
PART 5: Patient Care
PART 6: Dental Imaging
PART 7: Preventive Dentistry
PART 8: Restorative Dentistry
PART 9: Specialized Dentistry
PART 10: Preparation for Employment
|Author Informaiton||By Debbie S. Robinson, CDA, MS, Research Assistant Professor and Research Study Coordinator, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC and Doni L. Bird, CDA, RDA, RDH, MA, Faculty, Allied Dental Education Program, Santa Rosa Junior College, Santa Rosa, CA|
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|
"a good general guide and useful introduction to dental nursing background and techniques"
"Every chapter was well presented and had fantastic diagrams and photographs that would really help anyone visualise a procedure."