Darby and Walsh Dental Hygiene , 5th Edition
- Focus on research and evidence-base practice provide proven findings and practical applications for topics of interest in modern dental hygiene care.
- Step-by-step procedure boxes with accompanying illustrations, clinical photos, and rationales outline the equipment required and the steps involved in performing key procedures.
- Critical thinking exercises, cases, and scenarios help hone your application and problem-solving skills.
- Feature boxes highlight patient education, law, ethics, and safety.
- UNIQUE! Discussions of theory provide a solid foundation for practice.
- Key terms are called out within chapters and defined in glossary with cross-references to chapters.
- Practice quizzes enable you to self-assess your understanding.
New to this Edition
- NEW! Streamlined approach focuses on the information you need to know along with the practical applications.
- NEW! Added content covers alternative practice settings, new infection control guidelines, pediatric care, risk assessment, dental hygiene diagnosis, the electronic health record (EHR), and more.
- NEW! Modern illustrations and updated clinical photos give you a better picture of how to perform essential skills and utilize clinical technology.
- NEW! Online procedures videos guide you step-by-step through core clinical skills.
- NEW! Editorial team brings a fresh perspective and more than 30 years of experience in dental hygiene education, practice, and research.
|Table of Content||
Part 1: Conceptual Foundations
Part 2: Preparation for the Appointment
Part 3: Assessments
Part 4: Critical Thinking in Dental Hygiene Practice
Part 5: Implementation, Evaluation, and Documentation
Part 6: Pain and Anxiety Control
Part 7: Life Stages and Populations
Part 8: Dental Hygiene Care for the Medically Compromised
Part 9: Dental Hygiene Care for Disabilities and Special Needs
Part 10: Professional Development and Practice Management
|Author Information||By Denise M. Bowen, RDH, MS, Professor Emeritus, Department of Dental Hygiene, Idaho State University, Pocatello, Idaho and Jennifer A Pieren, RDH, MS, Faculty Department of Health Professions Bitonte College of Health and Human Services Youngstown State University Youngstown, OH|
|Stock Status||In Stock|