Community/Public Health Nursing Online for Nies and McEwen: Community/Public Health Nursing (Access Code) , 7th Edition
Deepen your' understanding of the most important public health concepts. Community/Public Health Nursing Online, 7th Edition introduces you to Riverside County - a virtual community containing real-life scenarios that are based on actual public health nurse experiences. Through unfolding case studies, learning activities, quizzes and discussion boards, you'll work your way through situations you'll likely encounter on the job. In addition, corresponding reading assignments from the textbook tie the online course to the textbook to help you fully understand each case.
- Unfolding case studies, videos, and photos provide a realistic portrayal of the roles and responsibilities of a community/public health nurse.
- 14 modules each containing 3-4 scenarios cover the core concepts of community/public health nursing that apply content from the textbook to the real world.
- An assessment quiz in every module helps to evaluate your knowledge of the content and reinforce classroom assignments.
- Immediate feedback on all activities reinforces your understanding of the material and helps you to master course content.
- Learning activities include engaging exercises such as matching, multiple-choice, and short-answer questions to test knowledge and critical thinking skills.
- Reading assignments tie the learning modules to specific areas of the text.
New to this Edition
- NEW! HTML5 conversion gives you a better user experience.
|Table of Content||
Course Introduction: Looking Upstream (includes course navigation, introduction)
Module 1: Population-Focused Practice
Module 2: Health Care Systems
Module 3: Economics of Health Care Delivery
Module 4: Community Assessment
Module 5: Epidemiology
Module 6: Nursing Process in the Community
Module 7: Community Health Promotion
Module 8: Health Education
Module 9: Family Health
Module 10: Environmental Health
Module 11: Ethical and Legal Challenges in the Community
Module 12: Vulnerable Populations
Module 13: Disaster Management
Module 14: The Future of Community and Public Health Nursing
|Author Information||By Mary A. Nies, PhD, RN, FAAN, FAAHB, Dean and Professor School of Nursing Joint Appointment MPH Program Division of Health Sciences Idaho State University Pocatello, Idaho and Melanie McEwen, PhD, RN, CNE, ANEF, Associate Professor University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston School of Nursing Houston, Texas|
|Stock Status||Please allow 3 - 4 weeks for delivery.|