Case Studies in Public Health Nursing - Access Card
Gain a better understanding of the nurse's role in caring for populations and the community. The detailed scenarios in Case Studies in Public Health Nursing: Online Practice and Application are real-life situations, designed to promote active learning, classroom discussions, and full comprehension of the material. Over 50 engaging scenarios are presented in a consistent format to help you quickly grasp topics such as community assessment, health promotion, and vulnerable populations. Featuring robust online content along with an accompanying user's guide, these case studies are ideal for use in conjunction with a community health textbook. Plus, suggested readings corresponding to Elsevier community health textbooks are included to help foster a rich learning experience!
Note: This product is a user's guide booklet with a pin code that provides access to over 50 case studies on Evolve.
New to this Edition
- NEW! More than 50 online, unfolding case studies bring community/public health nursing to life in order to help you understand how the role of the public health nurse fits into unique populations.
- NEW! Each case study is organized in a consistent format featuring objectives, unfolding case scenarios, gradable NCLEX®-style review questions, and open-ended critical thinking and discussion questions.
- NEW! Suggested readings from Elsevier community health textbooks (Nies, Stanhope, Edelman) are included so you can easily cross-reference relevant content.
- NEW! Answer guidelines are provided for all critical thinking and discussion questions.
- NEW! Helpful printed User's Guide includes an overview of public health nursing, a full description of each case study, and instructions for using the product.
- NEW! A list of relevant Giddens concepts is provided for each case study.
- NEW! Each case study incorporates evidence-based practice and exemplifies public health nursing interventions from the Intervention Wheel.
- NEW! The Quad Council Coalition's Community/Public Health Nursing Competencies provide the framework for the case studies, ensuring practice examples for each competency domain are included.
|Table of Content||
1. Upstream Thinking: Introduction to Community/Public Health Nursing
Competencies for PHN Domain 1 - Analytic and Assessment Skills
4. Community Assessment Part 1: Shoe Leather/Windshield Survey and Key Informant Interview
Competencies for PHN Domain 2: Policy Development/Program Planning Skills
9. Policy Development to Protect Health: Local Community Level Policy
Competencies for PHN Domain 3: Communication Skills
15. Health Literacy
Competencies for PHN Domain 4: Cultural Competence Skills
19. Advocating and Working with Diverse Populations
Competencies for PHN Domain 5: Community Dimensions of Practice
22. Task Force Development
Competencies for PHN Domain 6: Public Health Science Skills
25. Disease Outbreak - Infectious Disease in a College Dorm
Competencies for PHN Domain 7: Financial Planning and Management Skills
31. Board of Health Report
Competencies for PHN Domain 8: Leadership and Systems Thinking Skills
35. Adhering to Ethical Standards
39. Populations Affected with Disabilities
A Day in the Life: Specialty Practice
44. Case Management
|Author Information||By Elsevier|
|Trim||235 x 191 (7 1/2 x 9 1/4)|
|Stock Status||Please allow 3 - 4 weeks for delivery.|