Applied Anatomy & Physiology
Applied Anatomy & Physiology: an interdisciplinary approach provides an overview of basic anatomy and physiology (A&P), and its application to clinical practice.
Written by a team of expert academics and clinicians from a range of health backgrounds, the text uses a problem-solving approach, breaking down difficult A&P concepts through case studies, multiple-choice questions, images, feature boxes and online ancillaries, with a strong focus on the concept of the 'normal' homeostatic process of each system.
Applied Anatomy & Physiology: an interdisciplinary approach encourages students to think critically about how the different body systems work together, providing a deeper understanding of A&P and how to apply this effectively to clinical practice.
- Written for students with minimal bioscience background to support you in understanding difficult concepts and processes.
- Chapters are aligned to major body systems and include an overview of system structure and function as well as integration of each system with the rest of the body.
- Case studies and related multiple-choice questions consolidate chapter content to assist you in testing your knowledge and skills.
- The strong focus on the homeostatic process of each system helps you to understand what is 'normal' and how 'normal' works.
- Full-colour illustrations from leading Elsevier texts, such as Patton's Anatomy & Physiology, help you to visualise and understand A&P systems and processes.
- Includes an eBook with purchase of the print book.
Additional resources on Evolve
eBook on VitalSource
Instructor/and Student Resources:
- Answers to case study questions
- Multiple-choice questions and answers + rationales
- Image bank
|Table of Content||1.Cellular response to stress and injury
2.Acute inflammation: common mechanism of defence to all body systems
3.Genes and genomics
9.Understanding the physiology of pain
10.Special senses: eye and ear
11.Endocrine system: the master regulator
15.Contribution of lymphatic system to homeostasis
19.Nutrition and metabolism
20.Renal and urinary systems
22.Physiological changes in pregnancy and lactation
|Author Informaiton||By Zerina Tomkins|
|Trim||190.5 X 234.95 mm|
|Stock Status||In Stock|