Allergy , 4th Edition
The new edition of Allergy, by Drs. Stephen Holgate, Martin Church, David Broide, and Fernando Martinez, uses an enhanced clinical focus to provide the clear, accessible guidance you need to treat allergy patients. A more consistent format throughout features new differential diagnosis and treatment algorithms, updated therapeutic drug information in each chapter, and additional coverage of pediatric allergies. With current discussions of asthma, allergens, pollutants, drug treatment, and more, as well as access to the full text and illustrations online at www.expertconsult.com, this comprehensive resource is ideal for any non-specialist who treats patients with allergies.
- Prescribe appropriate therapies and effectively manage patients' allergies using detailed treatment protocols.
- Identify allergic conditions quickly and easily with algorithms that provide at-a-glance assistance.
- Explore topics in greater detail using extensive references to key literature.
New to this Edition
- Access the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com, along with a downloadable image bank.
- Manage allergies in both adult and pediatric patients using coverage of treatment practices for both in each chapter.
- Stay current on hot topics including asthma, allergens, pollutants, and more.
- Get up-to-date coverage of cell-based condition with brand new chapters on Eosinophilia: Clinical Manifestations and Therapeutic Options and Systemic Mastocytosis.
- Apply the latest best practices through new and updated treatment algorithms.
- Find therapeutic drug information more easily with guidance incorporated into each chapter.
|Author Information||By Stephen T. Holgate, MD, DSc, FRCP, FRCPE, MRC, Clinical Professor of Immunopharmacology, Southampton General Hospital School of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK; Martin K. Church, MPharm, PhD, DSc, FAAAAI, Professor of Immunopharmacology, Charité Universitätsmedizin, Berlin, Germany Emeritus Professor of Immunopharmacology, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK; David H. Broide, Professor of Medicine and Fernando D Martinez, MD, Regents' Professor, Director, Arizona Respiratory Center, Director, BIO5 Institute, Tucson AZ, USA Swift-McNear Professor of Pediatrics, University of Arizona, Tucson AZ, USA|
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||Please allow 3 - 4 weeks for delivery.|
"Highly Commended," Medicine Category, British Medical Association 2012 Medical Book Competition
"The book covers the entire spectrim of knowledge of allergic disease, starting with basic mechanisms, the genetic basis of allergy and asthma and theories about early life origins of allergy and asthma as well as epidemiology...It is a concise, up to date, authoritative and well laid out account of the management of the complete spectrum of allergic diseases. Warmly recommended." - Clinical and Experimental Allergy, Aug 2012