Make optimal use of the latest diagnostic and interventional ultrasound applications in your practice! This new edition of the world's best-selling reference on obstetric and gynecologic ultrasound guides you through all of the newest ultrasound technologies, enabling you to diagnose problems accurately. The entire book has been radically updated by many new contributors to reflect all of the most recent advances, including greatly expanded information on 3-D ultrasound and the latest generation of ultrasound scanners, as well as significantly increased discussions of gynecologic ultrasound. What's more, over 2,400 digital-quality images - 1,050 in full color - capture the characteristic appearance of a full range of ultrasound findings, and a new full-color format makes reference easier than ever. The result is an essential purchase for everyone who uses ultrasound for fetal and gynecologic diagnosis and treatment.
Get dependable guidance on any clinical issue or challenge by consulting the world's most popular, trusted reference on ob/gyn ultrasound!
Obtain optimal results by applying the masterful expertise of world-renowned authority Peter W. Callen, MD, as well as a care of other top specialists on the diagnostic and interventional applications of ultrasound.
New to this Edition
Make optimal use of all of the latest developments, including 3-D ultrasound, the use of the latest generation of ultrasound scanners, the growing role of ultrasound in gynecologic imaging.
Diagnose with confidence by comparing your imaging findings to more than 2,400 digital-quality images - 1,050 in full color - that depict the complete range of normal and abnormal imaging presentations.
Locate information more quickly thanks to a new highly templated, full-color format.
Visualize key anatomic details more clearly with hundreds of medical illustrations redrawn in full color.
6. Ultrasound Evaluation During the First Trimester
7. Ultrasound Evaluation of Fetal Biometry and Normal and Abnormal Fetal Growth
8. Ultrasound Evaluation of Multiple Pregnancies
9. Ultrasound Evaluation of Normal Fetal Anatomy
10. Ultrasound Evaluation of the Fetal Neural Axis
11. Cranio-Facial and Neck Anomalies
12. The Fetal Musculoskeletal System
13. Ultrasound Evaluation of the Fetal Thorax
14. Ultrasound Evaluation of the Fetal Heart
15. The Gastrointestinal Tract and Abdominal Wall
16. The Fetal Genitourinary Tract
17. Ultrasound Evaluation of Hydrops Fetalis
18. Ultrasound Evaluation of the Cervix
19. Ultrasound Evaluation of the Placenta and Umbilical Cord
20. Amniotic Fluid Volume: Its Role in Fetal Health and Disease
21. Antepartum Fetal Assessment by Ultrasonography: The Fetal Biophysical Profile
22. The Role of Doppler Ultrasound in Obstetrics
23. The Role of Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Obstetrics
24. The Role of 3-D Ultrasound in the Evaluation of the Fetus
25. The Prenatal Management of the Fetus With a Correctable Defect
SECTION II. Gynecologic Ultrasound
26. Normal Anatomy of the Female Pelvis
27. Ultrasound Evaluation of the Uterus / Endometrium
28. Abnormal Uterine Bleeding-The Role of Ultrasound
29. Gestational Trophoblastic Neoplasia
30. Ultrasound Evaluation of the Adnexa (Ovary and Fallopian Tubes)
31. Sonographic Imaging of Infertility
32. Ectopic Pregnancy
33. The Role of MRI in the Evaluation of Gynecologic Disease
34. Sonographic Evaluation of the Normal and Abnormal Breast
35. Artifacts, Pitfalls, and Normal Variants in Obstetrical and Gynecologic Ultrasound
A. Measurements Frequently Used to Estimate Gestational Age and Fetal Biometry
B. Measurements Used in Assessing Fetal Weights, Growth, and Body Proportions
C. Frequently Used Measurements for Amniotic Fluid and Fetal Doppler Assessment
D. Sonographic Detection of Chromosomal Abnormalities
E. Normal Measurements of the Uterus and Ovaries
F. Medications and Reported Associated Malformations
By Peter W. Callen, MD, Professor of Radiology, Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, Department of Radiology, University of California Medical Center, San Francisco, CA
276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)
Please allow 3 - 4 weeks for delivery.
REVIEW OF THE LAST EDITION
"An outstanding book that should be readily available to anyone who performs and interprets obstetric and gynecologic sonography. It is well written, comprehensive, and totally up to date. The images are of top quality and numerous color plates are included. It is reasonably priced for such a compendium...I highly recommend this book to any medical professional who is serious about being the best and offering the most to patients undergoing obstetric and gynecologic sonography." - The Journal of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists