Now in its 7th edition, this popular, must-have text remains the only encyclopedic resource for veterinary internal medical problems. The internationally acclaimed "gold standard" offers unparalleled coverage of pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases affecting dogs and cats, as well as the latest information on the genome, clinical genomics, euthanasia, innocent heart murmurs, hyperbaric medicine, home prepared and raw diets, obesity, botulism, artificial pacing of the heart, cancer vaccines, and more. The 7th edition combines the convenience of a two-volume printed textbook with the enhanced functionality of an Expert Consult website that enables you to electronically search your entire book and study more efficiently. With instant access to the most reliable information available, you'll always be at the forefront of veterinary care!
Fully searchable online text provides fast, easy access to the most reliable information in the field.
More than 150 clinical algorithms throughout the text aid in disease-identification and decision-making.
Expanded online chapter content enhances your understanding through additional text, illustrations, tables, and boxes.
Hyperlinked client information sheets streamline reference of specific conditions and enhance communication with clients.
Extensive online reference list directs you to full-text PubMed abstracts for additional research.
New to this Edition
Thoroughly updated and expanded content, including 90 new chapters, addresses the latest developments across the full spectrum of small animal care.
Companion Expert Consult website enhances your learning experience with the ability to search the entire electronic text instantly for easy reference. Expert Consult also gives you instant access to:
More than 150 procedural videos that guide you step-by-step through essential procedures.
Audio files that help you identify heart abnormalities by their sound.
247. General Anesthesia for the Cardiac Patient NEW!
248. Artificial Pacing of the Heart NEW!
249. Congenital Heart Disease)
250. Acquired Valvular Heart Disease REVISED!
251. Myocardial Disease: Canine
252. Myocardial Disease: Feline NEW!
253. Pericardial Disease
254. Canine and Feline Heart Disease
255. Arterial Thromboembolic Disease NEW!
256. Venous and Lymphatic Diseases NEW!
257. Neurophysiology NEW!
258. Neurological Examination and Lesion Localization NEW!
259. Brain Disease
260. Vestibular Disease NEW!
261. Inflammatory, Infectious, Toxic and Other Multifocal Brain Diseases NEW!
262. Diseases of the Spinal Cord
263. Peripheral Nerve Disorders NEW!
264. Disorders of the Skeletal Muscles NEW!
265. Neuromuscular Junctional Disease NEW!
266. Oral and Salivary Gland Disorders
267. Diseases of the Esophagus
268. Host-Microbial Interactions in GI Health NEW!
269. Diseases of the Stomach
270. Diseases of the Small Intestine NEW!
271. Diseases of the Large Intestine NEW!
272. Rectoanal Disease NEW!
273. WSAVA Guidelines on Liver Disease NEW!
274. History, Clinical Signs, Physical Findings, and U/S in Hepatobiliary Disease
275. Hepatic Biopsy Techniques NEW!
276. General Principles in the Treatment of Liver Disease
277. Inflammatory Canine Hepatic Disease
278. Feline Inflammatory Liver Disease
279. Vascular Liver Diseases NEW!
280. Toxic, Metabolic, Infectious, and Neoplastic Liver Diseases
281. Diseases of the Gallbladder and Extrahepatic Biliary System NEW!
282. Canine Pancreatic Disease
283. Feline Pancreatic Disease NEW!
284. Growth Hormone Disorders: Acromegaly and Pituitary Dwarfism NEW!
285. Vasopressin Related Disorders NEW!
286. Disorders of the Parathyroid Glands
289. Insulin-Secreting Islet Cell Neoplasia NEW!
290. Diabetes Mellitus in Dogs
291. Diabetes Mellitus in Cats NEW!
292. Hyperadrenocorticism in Dogs NEW!
293. Hyperadrenocroticism in Cats NEW!
295. Gastrointestinal Endocrine Disease
297. Estrous Cycle and Breeding Management of the Healthy Bitch
298. Ovarian and Estrous Cycle Abnormalities
299. Abnormalities in Pregnancy, Parturition, and Periparturient Period
300. Early Spay and Neuter
301. Contraception and Pregnancy Termination in the Dog and Cat
302. Cystic Endometrial Hyperplasia and Pyometra
303. Canine Female Infertility
304. Vaginal Disorders
305. Semen Evaluation, Canine Male Infertility, Common Disorders of the Male NEW!
306 . Feline Reproduction NEW!
307. Care of the Neonate and Fading Pups
308. Renal Disease: Clinical Approach and Laboratory Evaluation
309. Acute Uremia NEW!
310. Renal Transplantation NEW!
311. Chronic Kidney Disease
312. Glomerular Diseases
313. Urinary Tract Infections
314. Prostatic Diseases NEW!
315. Familial Renal Disease in Dogs
316. Renal Tubular Diseases
317. Feline Ureteral and Lower Urinary Tract Diseases NEW!
318. Canine Ureteral and Lower Urinary Tract Diseases
319. Biomarkers and ""Omics"" NEW!
320. Principles of Chemotherapy
321. Practical Chemotherapy
322. Cancer Vaccines and Immunotherapy NEW!
323. Practical Radiation Therapy
324. Hematopoietic Tumors
325. Tumors of the Skin
326. Soft Tissue Sarcomas NEW!
327. Hemangiosarcoma NEW!
328. Bone and Joint Tumors NEW!
329. Mast Cell Disease NEW!
330. Feline Infection Site Sarcoma NEW!
331. Canine and Feline Histiocytic Disease
332. Urogenital and Mammary Gland Tumors
333. Paraneoplastic Syndrome NEW!
By Stephen J. Ettinger, DVM, DACVIM, Pet DRx Corporation, California Animal Hospital Veterinary Specialty Group, Los Angeles, CA and Edward C. Feldman, DVM, DACVIM, Department of Medicine and Epidemiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA
276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)
"A must-have book with an enormous amount of recent information put together by a lot of well known contributors, in an extremely pleasant way to use and read."