Use this workbook to review and practice important dental assisting tasks! Corresponding to the chapters in Essentials of Dental Assisting, 5th Edition, this study tool helps you understand and apply the material with review questions and exercises, along with competency sheets that outline the steps necessary to mastering each procedure. Developed by dental assisting experts Debbie S. Robinson andDoni L. Bird, this workbook includes removable flashcards for quick, convenient, on-the-go review.
- true/false, short-answer, fill-in-the-blank, and labeling - make it easy to review, practice, and apply dental assisting principles.
Competency sheets are included for all procedures, each outlining the performance objective, grading criteria, and steps necessary to master the procedure.
Removable flashcards make it easy to review anywhere, anytime.
New to this Edition
NEW!Content incorporates additional information in areas such as digital imaging, dental materials, and caries prevention.
2. Professional and Legal Aspects of Dental Assisting
Part 2: The Sciences
3. Anatomy and Physiology
4. Dental Anatomy
Part 3: Infection Prevention and Hazardous Materials
5. Disease Transmission
6. Infection Control and Management of Hazardous Materials
7. Surface Disinfection and Treatment Room Preparation
8. Instrument Processing
Part 4: Dental Treatment
9. Clinical Dentistry
10. Moisture Control
Part 5: Patient Care
11. The Dental Patient
12. The Dental Examination
13. Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office
14. Pain and Anxiety Control
Part 6: Dental Imaging
15. Radiation Safety and Production of X-Rays
16. Oral Radiography
Part 7: Preventive Dentistry
17. Preventive Care
18. Coronal Polishing and Dental Sealants
Part 8: Restorative Dentistry
19. Instruments, Handpieces, and Accessories
20. Restorative Materials
21. Restorative Procedures
22. Impression Materials and Laboratory Procedures
Part 9: Specialized Dentistry
26. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
27. Pediatric Dentistry
Part 10: Preparation for Employment
29. The Job Search
By Debbie S. Robinson, CDA, MS, Research Assistant Professor and Research Study Coordinator, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC; Doni L. Bird, CDA, RDA, RDH, MA, Faculty, Allied Dental Education Program, Santa Rosa Junior College, Santa Rosa, CA; Debbie S. Robinson, CDA, MS, Research Assistant Professor and Research Study Coordinator, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC and Doni L. Bird, CDA, RDA, RDH, MA, Faculty, Allied Dental Education Program, Santa Rosa Junior College, Santa Rosa, CA