Havard's Nursing Guide to Drugs, 9th Edition
Your Price: AU$67.46
Table of Contents
- Drugs listed by therapeutic class and by body system.
- Both trade names and generic drug names provided
- Each drug entry listed by available forms, action, use, dosage, adverse effects, interactions with other drugs
- Nursing points and cautions and Patient teaching and advice ensure quality patient care
New to This Edition
Havard’s Nursing Guide to Drugs 8e is an essential resource for all nursing students and practitioners. The information presented in this user-friendly guide can be accessed either by therapeutic class or by system. Each section is introduced by a clear description, followed by the A–Z of drugs within the given therapeutic class. It includes the action, use and dosage of each drug as well as important nursing points and nursing cautions. This comprehensive guide includes both trade and generic drug names for the reader’s ease of use. As with previous editions of Havard’s Nursing Guide to Drugs each drug is independently reviewed with obsolete drugs being removed and new drugs added. Each existing drug is also independently examined so as to ensure that its use, doses, side effects, contraindication and precautions comply with that of the Therapeutic Goods Association (TGA).Back To Top
- New focus on Patient teaching and advice
- All existing drugs reviewed and updated
- All new entries checked to ensure form, action, dose, usage, adverse effects, contraindication and precautions comply with current pharmaceutical guidelines.
- Cautions for drugs used during pregnancy and breastfeeding are highlighted with an icon
- Cautions for Sports related drugs are also highlighted with an icon
Author InformationBy Adriana P. Tiziani, RN, BSc(Mon), Dip Ed(Melb), MEdSt(Mon), MRCNA, Course Director, Postgraduate Studies in Wound Care, Department of Pharmcay Practice, Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University, VIC
Back To Top