Potter & Perry's Fundamentals of Nursing - Australian Version, 4th Edition
Your Price: AU$127.96
Potter and Perry’s Fundamentals of Nursing, 4th ANZ edition is the leading fundamentals text for nursing students in Australia and New Zealand.
The dynamic fourth edition of Potter and Perry’s Fundamentals of Nursing presents an engaging approach to the fundamentals of nursing while building on its renowned reputation as the foremost text for nursing students across Australia and New Zealand.
The new editorial team presents a critical thinking approach, to encourage the critical skills and understandings students require to maintain a high level of active engagement in the development of their practice within the health care systems they will work throughout their careers.
Meaningful clinical examples combined with critical thinking questions, promote reflection and support deeper learning. These examples underscore how putting quality nursing knowledge and skills into practice can mean the difference between patient recovery and independence versus life threatening complications and patient decline.
Current research examples encourage students to see the dynamic nature of evidence for nursing practice and gain understanding that ongoing change in practice is the norm and should be embraced.
Potter and Perry’s Fundamentals of Nursing, 4th ANZ edition is supported by the Fundamentals of Nursing: clinical skills workbook 2nd edition. The skills in this indispensable workbook are directly aligned to the National Competency Standards for the Registered Nurse for Australia and New Zealand and support the theory and practice of each skill.
A mobile study app for android and iOS called ClinicalCases will also be available via Google play and the Apple App store for purchase. The ClinicalCases app takes an engaging approach to learning and revision. Students will find it the perfect exam preparation and study tool. It consists of 24 progressive case studies with MCQs and explanations for all answers. It also features over 150 Flash card key terms and a Word game. A great way to learn at your own pace, whenever, wherever…
Elsevier’s Evolve platform also offers a wealth of online resources for nursing students and lecturers, including an impressive suite of Australian nursing clinical skills videos to be used in conjunction with the text and workbook. These videos are ideal for viewing in class or during independent study and are a valuable tool for revision prior to assessment.
Other online resources include PowerPoint presentations, an exam view test bank, critical thinking questions and answers, integrated lesson plans, images, weblinks and a chapter on the Essentials of Care.
New to This Edition
- All chapters completely revised and updated addressing National Registration regulations and standards in Australia and New Zealand
- Written by a highly regarded team of academics and clinical practitioners at the forefront of practice
- All chapters feature a critical thinking approach to promote student engagement and meaningful learning Critical thinking questions and Clinical examples throughout
- Research highlights provide examples of up-to-date knowledge, evidence and practice
- Working with diversity encourages students see cultural considerations, gender and age related issues in the broadest possible way
- Nursing process: provides a consistent framework and critical thinking model for nursing practice within the clinical chapters.
- Legal implications for NZ nursing practice chapter now in the text (previously on Evolve)
- Caring for the Cancer Survivor chapter now in the text (previously on Evolve)
- New chapter on Mental Health
Author InformationBy Jackie Crisp, RN, PhD(Macq), FCN(NSW), Professor of Child and Adolescent Nursing, Sydney Children's Hospital, South East Health; Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery and Health, University of Technology, Sydney; Conjoint Professor, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales, NSW, Australia; Catherine Taylor, RN, RCNT, Dip CNE, B App Sc(Adv Nurs), Med Pol & Admin, PhD, FRCNA, Senior Research Fellow, School of Nursing, Monash University - Melbourne; Director, Act Now Services, Business Administration, Education & Research Consultants, VIC, Australia; Clint Douglas, RN, PhD, Lecturer School of Nursing & Midwifery,Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Queensland and Geraldine Rebeiro, B.App Sci (Adv Nsng), B.Ed Studs, M.Ed, RN, Midwife, MRCNA, Lecturer in Nursing, School of Nursing & Midwifery, LaTrobe University
Back To Top
- Imprint: Mosby Australia
- ISBN: 9780729541107
- Publication Date: 09-11-2012