- You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Home >
- Perioperative Nursing
Perioperative Nursing 2e has been written by local leaders in perioperative nursing and continues to deliver a contemporary, practical text for Australian and New Zealand perioperative nurses.
Appropriate for nursing students and graduates entering the perioperative environment, Perioperative Nursing, 2e offers a sound foundational knowledge base to underpin a perioperative nursing career. This unique text will also be of value to those undertaking postgraduate perioperative studies, as well as to more experienced perioperative nurses seeking to refresh their knowledge or expand their nursing practice.
This essential title examines the roles and responsibilities of nurses working within a perioperative environment, providing an overview of key concepts in perioperative care. The scope of this book addresses anaesthetic, intraoperative and postanaesthetic recovery care, as well as day surgery and evolving perioperative practices and environments.
- Research boxes where appropriate
- Feature boxes on special populations, such as paediatric, geriatric and bariatric patients
- Emphasis is placed on the concept of the patient journey, working within interprofessional teams, communication, teamwork, patient and staff safety, risk management strategies and medico-legal considerations.
New to this Edition
- Now endorsed by ACORN
- Aligns with the 2016 ACORN and PNC NZNO Standards
- Reflects the latest national and international standards, including the NSQHS Standards, the new NMBA Standards for Practice for Registered and Enrolled Nurses and the WHO Surgical Safety Checklist
- Includes two new chapters: The perioperative team and interdisciplinary collaboration and Perioperative patient safety
- Supporting online resources are available on evolve.
|Table of Contents||
Chapter 1 - Perioperative nursing
|Author Information||By Lois Hamlin, RN, BN, MN (Nurse Ed), DNurs, OTCert, ICCert, FACN, Foundation Fellow ACORN, Independent Perioperative Nursing Consultant; Former Senior Lecturer, (then) Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery & Health, University of Technology, New South Wales , Australia ; Menna Davies, RN, MHlthSc (Nsg), GradDip Hlth Law, Cert (Periop Nsg), Cert (Sterilising Tech), FACN, FACORN , Education Consultant and Director of Health Education & Learning Partnerships, New South Wales, Australia; Marilyn Richardson-Tench, RN, RCNT(UK), BappSc (Adv Nsg), Cert Clin Teach (UK), Cert.Anaes.(UK) Cert.OR Tech&Man, MEdStud, PhD, Education Consultant, Former Senior Lecturer, Acute Care, School of Nursing and Midwifery, Victoria University and Sally Sutherland-Fraser, RN, BEd (Adult Ed), MEd, Cert (Periop Nsg), Cert IV TAE, MACN, FACORN, Education Consultant and Director of Health Education & Learning Partnerships, New South Wales, Australia|
|Trim||245 x 175mm|
|Stock Status||In - Stock|
You may also like
RRP : AU$89.95
Special Price AU$80.95