This new companion to Hochberg et al.'s Rheumatology masterwork presents current insights into the causes, detection, and therapy of this condition. It provides "one-stop" coverage of scientific and clinical developments, including new concepts in epidemiology and genetics and pathogenic mechanisms
Features the work of leading experts in osteoarthritis.
Presents current diagnostic criteria and knowledge of pathogenic mechanisms.
Discusses the very latest advances in treatment, including pharmacologic interventions.
Provides new concepts in epidemiology and genetics of osteoarthritis, including modifiable and non-modifiable risk factors.
3. Impact of Mechanical Stress on the Pathophysiology of OA
4. Update on the Chondrocyte Lineage and Implication for Cell Therapy in OA
5. Aging Cartilage and OA Cartilage: Differences and Shared Mechanisms
6. Role of Adipocytokines in OA
7. Novel Experimental Models for the Study of OA
8. Signaling Transduction: Targets in OA
9. Biomarkers, Evidence for Promising Markers
10. Update on Radiographic Imaging
11. Update on MRI in OA
12. Update on COX-2 Inhibitors, Non-selective NSAIDs, and ASA Co-therapy
13. Alternative Therapies in OA
14. Novel Physical Therapy Approaches to Enhance Muscle Activity and Minimize Instability in OA
15. Disease-Modifying Drugs in OA
16. Nutritional Supplements in the Treatment of OA
By Leena Sharma, MD, Division of Rheumatology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA; and Francis Berenbaum
260 x 184 (7 1/4 x 10 1/4)
Please allow 3 - 4 weeks for delivery.
REVIEW OF THE PARENT VOLUME:
"Rejoice! The third edition of this outstanding reference work is here...Rheumatology covers all the bases and is the single text one should own if there is a limit on shelf space and budget...A remarkable accomplishment, notable for its comprehensiveness as well as its wisdom." -- JAMA