Gain fast, easy visual access to the problems most often encountered in practice! This resource combines hundreds of exquisite Netter images - including several new paintings created especially for this book - with concise summaries of the most current medical thinking on common diseases/conditions, diagnostics, treatments, and protocols - for a single easy-to-use quick-reference guide. Instructive and memorable Netter plates provide a rich visual understanding of every concept. The result is a superb source for ongoing clinical reference as well as patient and staff education.
Offers quick access to expert medical thinking on common diseases/conditions, diagnostics, treatments, and protocols.
Presents more than 500 exquisite illustrated plates by master illustrator Frank H. Netter and other artists working in the Netter tradition to enhance your understanding of the material.
New to this Edition
Presents nearly 40 new chapters, many expanded chapters, and several new images to reflect the state of internal medicine today-including increasingly common issues like bariatric surgery and posttraumatic stress syndrome.
Offers more tables and algorithms for enhanced "at-a-glance" guidance.
Features annotated citations for additional resources, including websites and other key sources for practice guidelines and patient education and support.
Presents annotated evidence from key studies that have shaped the current standard of care.
1. Practicing in the Modern Environment - Patient Safety, Medical Errors, Malpractice (NEW) 2. Screening - Health Promotion and Disease Prevention/Wellness Examination" (NEW) 3. Diagnostic Testing: The Example of Thromboembolism (PE/DVT) 4. Obesity 5. Evaluation and Treatment of Chronic Pain 6. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 7. Poisoning and Drug Overdose
II. Disorders of the Upper RespiratoryTract and Oropharynx
8. Pharyngitis 9. Rhinosinusitis 10. Rhinitis:Allergic and Idiopathic 11. Common Oral Lesions (Title Change) 12. Acute Otitis Externa 13. Acute Otitis Media 14. Hoarseness 15. Vocal Cord Dysfunction (NEW) 16. Neck Masses in Adults
25. Hypertension 26. Hypertension Secondary to Renovascular Diseases 27. Hypertension Secondary to Diseases of the Adrenal Gland 28. Angina Pectoris 29. Myocardial Infarction 30. Electrocardiography and Functional Testing (NEW) 31. Peripheral Vascular Disease 32. Congenital and Valvular Heart Disease 33. Cardiomyopathies (NEW) 34. Heart Failure 35. Hypercholesterolemia: Evaluation and Treatment 36. Cardiac Arrhythmias 37. Atrial Fibrillation (NEW) 38. Syncope (NEW)
V. Disorders of Endocrinology and Metabolism
39. Diabetes and PreDiabetes: Diagnosis and Treatment 40. Prevention and Treatment of complications of Diabetes 41. Hypothyroidism 42. Thyrotoxicosis 43. Hyperparathyroidism 44. Disorders of the Adrenal Cortex 45. Pituitary Diseases 46. Hirsutism 47. Hypogonadism in the Male 48. Osteoporosis 49. Paget 's Disease of Bone
VI. Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract
50. Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease 51. Peptic Ulcer Disease 52. Helicobacter Pylori Infection and Associated Disorders 53. Gastrointestinal Bleeding (NEW) 54. Cholelithiasis 55. Pancreatitis 56. Diarrhea: Acute and Chronic 57. Constipation 58. Common Anorectal Disorders and Colonic Diseases 59. Irritable Bowel Syndrome 60. Inflammatory Diseases of the GI Tract 61. Esophageal Disorders: Dysphagia (NEW) 62. Diseases of the Liver - Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease, Drug Induced Liver Diseases, and Abnormal Liver Function Tests (NEW) 63. Viral Hepatitis: Acute and Chronic Disease 64. Cirrhosis 65. Celiac Disease
VII. Disorders of Coagulation and Thrombosis
66. Hypercoagulable States 67. Deep Venous Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism 68. Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation 69. Anticoagulation Management: Periprocedural, During Pregnancy, Supratherapeutic Levels/Complications of Therapy (NEW) 70. Bleeding Disorders
VIII. Hematologic Disorders
71. Anemias 72. Bone Marrow Failure States 73. Blood Component Therapy 74. Malignant Lymphomas 75. Leukemias 76. Multiple Myeloma/Monoclonal Gammopathy of Unknown Significance (NEW) 77. Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation
IX. Oncologic Disorders
78. Lung Cancer 79. Colorectal Cancer 80. Breast Cancer 81. Prostate Cancer 82. Upper Gastrointestinal Tract Cancer 83. Skin Cancer 84. Cancer of the Oral Cavity and Oropharynx 85. Cervical Neoplasia 86. Testicular Cancer (NEW) 87. Thyroid Cancer (NEW) 88. Palliative Care for Patients with Advanced Cancer
157. Myopia and Common Refractive Disorders 158. Common Eye Diseases (NEW) 159. Glaucoma 160. Diabetic Retinopathy
XVII. Psychiatric Disorders
161. Personality Disorders (NEW) 162. Anxiety and Panic 163. Depression 164. Grief 165. Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) (NEW) 166. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders 167. Schizophrenia 168. Emotional and Behavioral Problems Among Adolescents and Young Adults 169. Alcohol and Substance Dependence and Abuse
XVIII. Disorders of the Skin
170. Urticaria 171. Eczema and Other Common Dermatoses 172. Contact Dermatitis (NEW) 173. Psoriasis 174. Bullous Skin Disease 175. Alopecia 176. Scabies and Pediculosis
XIX. Geriatric Medicine
177. Drug Therapy in the Elderly: Appropriate Prescribing for the Older Patient 178. Falls (NEW) 179. Hypertension in the Elderly 180. Delirium 181. Dementia 182. End of Life Decision Making (NEW)
By Marschall S. Runge, MD, PhD, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC, USA; and M. Andrew Greganti, MD, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)
Please allow 3 - 4 weeks for delivery.
"The stated audience includes the clinician population, everyone who cares for patients. But that understates the strength of the book, which is the added benefit for those who learn more easily through visual effects and graphics. This is an extremely valuable resource for those students...This is an extremely useful book, with the major strengths being the illustrations and evidence sections. Because of these, the book is a very worthwhile addition to a medical library, particularly in teaching institutions." --Doody's Review Service