Netter's Orthopaedic Clinical Examination , 2nd Edition
Your Price: AU$83.98
Netter’s Orthopaedic Clinical Examination: An Evidence-Based Approach, by Joshua Cleland and Shane Koppenhaver, helps you apply best practices to get the most clinically significant information from each physical examination. Classic Netter artwork and anatomy/biomechanics tables provide a handy anatomy and pathophysiology overview, while an evidence-based approach helps you focus on the examination techniques, tests, and measures that have been proven to yield the most meaningful diagnostic findings.Table of Contents View other titles in the “Netter Clinical Science” Series
- Evidence-based information allows you to evaluate the effectiveness of the clinical tests available and review recent studies quickly to determine which test will best predict a specific diagnosis.
- Netter images and discussions of anatomy and biomechanics enhance your understanding of the orthopedic anatomy and pathology of each joint.
New to This Edition
- A "Summary and Recommendations" table in each chapter helps you review the available clinical evidence at a glance.
- An assessment of study quality (QUADAS) appendix and icons identifying study quality draw your attention to top quality studies and help you understand why some studies were included and others omitted.
- A scale added to reliability tables makes it easy to focus on approaches and tests with the highest reliability.
- A concise tabular approach to terminology and statistics makes terms and equations easier to understand.
- Information has been organized to parallel the structure of a clinical orthopedic examination.
"The only text available that combines clear yet concise descriptions of orthopedic test performance and scoring with data on the psychometric properties of these tests and measures…This book is well written and well organized and the tables, figures, and photographs greatly enhance the text and make the information quickly accessible to the reader…The most logical choice for a required text for a musculoskeletal evaluation course. It also will undoubtedly serve as a much-used, clinically useful reference text for every student, educator, and clinician involved in musculoskeletal care." - Physical Therapy, review of the first editionBack To Top
Author InformationBy Joshua Cleland, PT, DPT, PhD, OCS, FAAOMPT , Professor of Manual Therapy, Franklin Pierce College, Concord, New Hampshire, USA and Shane Koppenhaver, PT PhD OCS FAAOMPT, Major US Army; Assistant Professor, US Army Baylor University Doctoral Physical Therapy Program, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Back To Top