This unique new text delivers complete coverage of every musculoskeletal exam, using concise "how-to" text complemented by hundreds of clear illustrations. Evidence-based throughout, this resource systematically summarizes the specificity and sensitivity of each test for each condition.
Provides complete coverage of every musculoskeletal physical examination.
Summarizes and compares the evidence for specificity and sensitivity of each test for each condition in easy-to-use tables-enabling readers to select tests and draw conclusions from results with greater confidence.
Uses over 200 illustrations to clearly depict each test.
Every chapter features the expertise of a PM&R specialist and an Orthopedist, ensuring well-balanced coverage.
1. An Evidence-Based Approach to the Musculoskeletal Physical Examination
2. Reliability and Validity of Physical Examination
3. Sensory, Motor and Reflex Examination
4. Physical Examination: Cervical Spine
5. Physical Examination: Shoulder
6. Physical Examination: Elbow, Wrist and Hand
7. Physical Examination: Of the Lumbar Spine
8. Physical Examination: Of the Sacroiliac Joint
9. Physical Examination: Of the Hip
10. Physical Examination: Of the Knee
11. Physical Examination: Of the Foot and Ankle
By Gerard A. Malanga, MD, Director, Sports, Spine and Orthopedic Rehabilitation, Kessler Institute of Rehabilitation, Associate Professor, UMDNJ- New Jersey Medical School, West Orange, NJ, USA and Scott Nadler, DO, Director of Sports Medicine, Assistant Professor, Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, UMDNJ, Newark, NJ, USA