2008 BMA Medical Book Competition Awards: First Prize Paediatrics
Prepared in conjunction with the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (RCPCH), MRCPCH MasterCourse has been constructed as a comprehensive package for trainees facing professional examinations in paediatrics and child health.
This volume (1) alone will be sufficient for candidates sitting the Diploma in Child Health (DCH) exams and doctors with a primary-care interest in child health.
It comes with an accompanying DVD containing video clips of clinical scenarios, and PIN access to a website with self-assessment and further learning materials.
A complete multi-media course for the new MRCPCH examination.
The written component are produced as attractive, full-colour books written in a problem-orientated style, with full-colour line drawings and colour photographs.
Books contain references to video and audio clips on accompanying DVD that comes with the books.
The related website offers self-testing questions (in exam style) and answers, links to important paediatric websites (guidelines, etc.), selected content from relevant journals, such as Current Paediatrics, periodic clinical updates etc.
An essential purchase for all paediatric trainees in the UK and GPs taking the DCH examination.
Planned and written with the latest exam syllabus in mind.
How to use this book Index of DVD clips List of abbreviations
Module 1: Normal children and child health:
1. Child health in a changing society 2. Child development and developmental problems 3. Psychological and emotional development 4. Nutrition, infant feeding and weaning
Module 2: Toolkit for child health and disease
5. History-taking and physical examination 6. Diagnosis and management 7. Communication skills 8. Evaluation of the newborn 9. Clinical genetics 10. Pharmacology and therapeutics 11. Ethics and children's rights 12. Practical procedures and investigations 13. Evidence-based paediatrics and audit
Module 3: Child public health
14. Epidemiology 15. Screening 16. Immunization 17. Health promotion and disease prevention
Module 4: Community child health
18. Childhood disability 19. Adolescent health and health problems 20. Emotional and behavioural problems: primary care aspects 21. Child protection in the community
Module 5: Common problems in primary care
22. Growth: normal and abnormal 23. Heart and lung disorders 24. Brain and movement disorders 25. Abdominal disorders 26. Disorders of the urinary tract 27. Skin disorders
By Malcom I. Levene, MD, FRCP, FRCPCH, FMedSc, Professor of Pediatrics and Child Health, Division of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Leeds, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, UK
Please allow 3 - 4 weeks for delivery.
2008 BMA Medical Book Competition Awards First Prize Paediatrics
"I believe this is a excellent book very useful for any doctor doing the MRCPCH exam part 1 and 2. The website access and DVD is the icing in the cake and the whole package is the best paediatric review publication in the current market."