- You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Home >
- Easy EMG
User-friendly and well organized, Easy EMG is designed to help residents learn the fundamental principles of electrodiagnostic testing (including nerve conduction studies and needle EMG). This one-of-a-kind resource offers expert guidance on performing and interpreting EMGs, as well as how to test the most common conditions encountered in daily practice. At-a-glance tables combine with clear illustrations and a pocket-sized format to make Easy EMG ideal for on-the-go reference!
- Pocket-sized format efficiently presents just the basic facts needed by beginners.
- At-a-glance tables concisely present complex information.
- Unique illustrations depict precise needle placement.
New to this Edition
- Twenty-eight brand-new videos , including clips on Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS) and needle testing, bolster learning at the bedside.
- New chapters cover critical neuropathy and myopathy, inflammatory neuropathies, and neuromuscular junction disorders.
- Updated EMG billing codes reflect the latest changes to ensure practical application.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, references, and videos from the book on a variety of devices.
|Table of Contents||
1 What is an EMG?
2 Why Perform Electrodiagnostic Studies?
3 About the Machine
4 Nerve Conduction Studies
6 Injuries to Peripheral Nerves
7 How to Plan Out the Examination
9 Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
10 Ulnar Neuropathy
11 Radial Neuropathy
13 Spinal Stenosis
14 Fibular (Peroneal) Neuropathy
15 Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
16 Peripheral Polyneuropathy
18 Brachial Plexopathies
19 Lumbosacral Plexopathies
20 Motor Neuron Diseases
21 Critical Illness Neuropathy and Myopathy
22 Inflammatory Neuropathies
23 Neuromuscular Junction Disorders
24 How to Write a Report
25 Tables of Normals
|Author Information||By Jay M. Weiss, MD, Long Island Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Jericho, NY; Associate Professor of Clinical Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Stony Brook College of Medicine Stony Brook, NY, USA; Lyn D Weiss, MD, Chairman and Director of Residency Training, Professor of Clinical Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Director of Electrodiagnostic Services, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Nassau University Medical Center, East Meadow, NY, USA and Julie K. Silver, MD, Associate Professor, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA|
|Trim||229 x 152 (6 x 9)|
|Stock Status||Please allow 3 - 4 weeks for delivery.|
"This is an update of a book that has already proven its value to many residents and attending physicians due to its concise and approachable size and breadth of coverage of topics that are often difficult for first time learners. The user experience is vastly improved in terms of updated content and visual appearance with this edition, making the information much more engaging and accessible."
- Matthew C Oswald, MD (Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago)
"This one-of-a-kind resource offers expert guidance on performing and interpreting EMGs, as well as how to test the most common conditions encountered in daily practice." -SirReadaLot.org, July 2015, Issue #195