- You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Home >
- Braddom's Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
The most-trusted resource for physiatry knowledge and techniques, Braddom's Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation remains an essential guide for the entire rehabilitation team. With proven science and comprehensive guidance, this medical reference book addresses a range of topics to offer every patient maximum pain relief and optimal return to function.
- In-depth coverage of the indications for and limitations of axial and peripheral joints through therapies enables mastery of these techniques.
- Optimize the use of ultrasound in diagnosis and treatment.
- A chapter covering PM&R in the international community serves to broaden your perspective in the field.
- Detailed illustrations allow you to gain a clear visual understanding of important concepts.
New to this Edition
- New lead editor - Dr. David Cifu - was selected by Dr. Randall Braddom to retain a consistent and readable format. Additional new authors and editors provide a fresh perspective to this edition.
- Features comprehensive coverage of the treatment of concussions and military amputees.
- Includes brand-new information on rehabilitating wounded military personnel, the latest injection techniques, speech/swallowing disorders, head injury rehabilitation, and the rehabilitation of chronic diseases.
- New chapters on pelvic floor disorders and sensory impairments keep you at the forefront of the field.
- Reader-friendly design features an updated table of contents and improved chapter approach for an enhanced user experience.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience gives access to the text, figures, over 2,500 references, 51 videos, and 750 self-assessment questions on a variety of devices.
|Table of Contents||
Section 1: EVALUATION
1. The Physiatric History and Physical Examination
2. History and Examination of the Pediatric Patient
3. Adult Neurogenic Communication and Swallowing Disorders
4. Psychological Assessment and Intervention in Rehabilitation
5. Practical Aspects of Impairment Rating and Disability Determination
6. Employment of People with Disabilities
7. Quality and Outcome Measures for Medical Rehabilitation
8. Electrodiagnostic Medicine
Section 2: TREATENT TECHNIQUES AND SPECIAL EQUIPMENT
9. Rehabilitation and Prosthetic Restoration in Upper Limb Amputation
10. Lower Limb Amputation and Gait
11. Upper Limb Orthoses
12. Lower Limb Orthoses
13. Spinal Orthoses
14. Wheelchairs and Seating Systems
15. Therapeutic Exercise
16. Manipulation, Traction, and Massage
17. Physical Agent Modalities
18. Integrative Medicine in Rehabilitation
19. Computer Assistive Devices and Environmental Controls
Section 3: COMMON CLINICAL PROBLEMS
20. Bladder Dysfunction
21. Neurogenic Bowel: Dysfunction and Rehabilitation
22. Sexual Dysfunction and Disability
24. Chronic Wounds
25. Vascular Diseases
27. Acute Medical Conditions
28. Chronic Medical Conditions : Pulmonary Disease, Organ Transplantation, and Diabetes
29. Cancer Rehabilitation
30. The Geriatric Patient
31. Rheumatologic Rehabilitation
Section 4: ISSUES IN SPECIFIC DIAGNOSES
32. Common Neck Problems
33. Low Back Pain
35. Upper Limb Pain and Dysfunction
36. Musculoskeletal Disorders of the Lower Limb
37. Chronic Pain
38. Pelvic Floor Disorders
39. Sports Medicine and Adaptive Sports
40. Motor Neuron Diseases
41. Rehabilitation of Patients with Neuropathies
43. Traumatic Brain Injury
44. Stroke Syndromes
45. Degenerative Movement Disorders of the Central Nervous System
46. Multiple Sclerosis
47. Cerebral Palsy
48. Myelomeningocele and Other Spinal Dysraphisms
49. Spinal Cord Injury
50. Auditory, Vestibular, and Visual Impairments
|Author Information||By David X. Cifu, MD, Professor and Chairman, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia; National Director for Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Services, Office of Rehabilitation and Prosthetic Services, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Washington, District of Columbia|
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||Please allow 3 - 4 weeks for delivery.|