- You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Home >
- Diagnostic Pathology: Molecular Oncology
This volume in the highly regarded Diagnostic Pathology series provides a clearer understanding of molecular pathology as it relates to the transformation and pathogenesis of cancer. Diagnostic Pathology: Molecular Oncology is the first reference to apply a practical and clinical approach to examining how molecular mutations affect common medical diseases. Additionally, it identifies the relevant and appropriate molecular tests to perform for a complete work-up in the era of molecular-targeted therapies. Easy to use and packed with outstanding illustrations, this is an essential resource for all pathologists or clinicians who need to keep up with the ever-evolving field of molecular medicine.
- Up-to-date information on a variety of topics
- Next-generation sequencing for determining gene mutations
- Diagnostic use of soft tissue mutations
- Use of solid tissue mutations such as EGFR, BRAF, and KRAS for diagnosis and treatment of different carcinomas and melanoma
- Interpreting newly found mutations in hematopathology such as MYD88 mutations
- Understanding bioinformatics
- Guidance on selecting the right test(s) at the right time for the right patient
- Comparisons of molecular testing methods (i.e., FISH testing vs. cytogenetics)
- More than 2,000 images including H&E stains, immunostains, and FISH images
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices
|Author Information||By Mohammad A Vasef, MD, Director, MGP Fellowship Program, University of New Mexico Health Sciences; Director, Molecular Diagnostics, TriCore Ref Laboratories, Albuquerque, New Mexico and Aaron Auerbach, MD, FRCPC, Dipl. Epid., Staff Pathologist, Department of Hematopathology, The Joint Pathology Center; Medical Director, Hematocor, Bostwick Laboratories, Bethesda, Maryland|
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||Please allow 3 - 4 weeks for delivery.|
2016 BMA Awards: Highly Commended, Pathology
"You must get this book. If you want a quick, concise, clear, and comprehensive, state-of-the-art book on molecular pathology, this is the one." Reviewed by Valerie L. Ng, PhD MD (Alameda County Medical Center/Highland Hospital), Doody's Review Service
".the overall quality of the book is excellent and it is highly recommended to pathologists as well as trainees as a great reference source."
-Journal of Cytology and Histology, February 2016