Get the practical information you need to add dental implants to your practice! Dr. Arun Garg, a leading dental implant educator, clinician, and researcher, uses a clear, succinct writing style to inform and guide you through the full scope of dental implantology. A patient-focused approach covers surgical templates and techniques, sterilization, pharmacology, bone biology, complications, and more. A robust appendix offers handy information including insurance codes, consent forms, surgical tray set-ups, and food recipes for patients recovering from surgery.
A practical yet comprehensive approach covers all aspects of implant dentistry from patient history to post-operative care, with minimal use of jargon, in an easy-to-read format.
Outstanding photos help you visualize and understand patient outcomes.
An appendix on post-operative instructions includes a unique section on delicious yet recovery-specific recipes.
3. Patient Medical History for Dental Implant Surgery
4. Anatomic Considerations in Oral Implantology
5. Sterilization, Disinfection and Asepsis in Implantology
6. Radiographic Modalities for Implant Dentistry
7. Implant Surgical Templates
8. Generalized Surgical Technique for Endosseous Root-Form Implants
9. Wound Healing and Suturing Techniques in Dental Implant Surgery
10. Pharmacological Agents Used in Implant Dentistry
11 Anterior Single-Tooth Implants
12. Implant Exposure Techniques at Second Stage Surgery
13. Impression Materials for Dental Implants
14. Principles of Occlusion in Implant Dentistry
15. Immediate Loading of Implants in the Edentulous Patient
16. Bone Biology, Osseointegration, and Bone Grafting
17. Considerations for Implants in the Geriatric Patient
18. Peri-implantitis, Hygienic Maintenance, and Management of Compromised Implants
19. Guidelines for Handling Complications Associated with Implant Procedures
Appendix A: Insurance Codes for Dental Implant Surgery and Related Procedures
Appendix B: Consent forms for Implant Surgery
Appendix C: Surgical Tray Set-ups
Appendix D: Post Operative Instructions/Foods to Eat After Surgery
By Arun K. Garg, DMD, Visiting Professor, College of Dentistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL; Former Professor of Surgery, Division of Oral/Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL
276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)
Please allow 3 - 4 weeks for delivery.
"The book provides an enviable guide into the delivery of implants and addresses the issues related to occlusion so intimate in the success of the eventual procedure." Faculty Dental Journal, June 2010. Vol.1, Issue 2.