- You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Home >
- The Clinician's Guide to Treating Cleft Palate Speech
Get quick access to the most up-to-date information on cleft palate speech therapy with The Clinician's Guide to Treating Cleft Palate Speech, 2nd Edition. This textbook features an easy-to-use format - including many bulleted lists, tables, and illustrations - to give you instant access to the answers you need surrounding the effects of clefts and non-cleft velopharyngeal inadequacy (VPI) on communication development in children. Updated information includes new content on interprofessional team decision-making, along with the diagnosis and management of the resulting disorders.
- Brief summaries cover the effects of clefts and non-cleft velopharyngeal inadequacy on communication development in children.
- Quick-reference format includes bulleted lists, tables, and boxes for easy access to key information needed in day-to-day practice.
- Special tips boxes feature hints and additional clinical information from the authors, and other recognized experts in the field of cleft palate management.
New to this Edition
- NEW! Additional video clips demonstrate a broad range of speech disorders in children, examples of instrumental and noninstrumental assessment approaches, and effective therapy techniques.
- NEW! Content on interprofessional team decision making reflects an important expanding movement in healthcare nationally and internationally, and will be threaded throughout the guide to ensure users understand the ethics, compentencies, and skills required to practice in an interdisciplinary setting.
|Table of Contents||Preface: The Care of a Child with a Cleft
Chapter 1: Cleft Lip and Palate and Non-Cleft Velopharyngeal Inadequacy
Chapter 2: Feeding a Baby with a Cleft
Chapter 3: Physical Management of Clefts: Primary
Chapter 4: Early Phonological Development
Chapter 5: Effects of Clefts and Non-Cleft VPI on Speech
Chapter 6: Other Consequences of Clefts
Chapter 7: Performing an Orofacial Exam
Chapter 8: Perceptual Evaluation of Cleft Palate Speech
Chapter 9: Instrumental Evaluation of Velopharyngeal Function
Chapter 10: Physical Management of Velopharyngeal Inadequacy
Chapter 11: Early Intervention for Infants and Toddlers
Chapter 12: Speech Therapy For Cleft-Related Misarticulations
Chapter 13: Four Multianomaly Conditions that Include Clefts
|Author Information||By Sally J. Peterson-Falzone, PhD, Professor Emeritus, Center for Craniofacial Anomalies, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA; Judith Trost-Cardamone, PhD, Professor, Department of Communication Disorders & Sciences, California State University-Northridge, Northridge, CA, USA; Michael P. Karnell, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA and Mary A. Hardin-Jones, PhD, Professor, Division of Communication Disorders, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY, USA|
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||Please allow 3 - 4 weeks for delivery.|
You may also like
RRP : AU$142.00
Special Price AU$127.80