Providing a wealth of guidelines and background information on postsurgical rehabilitation of the orthopedic patient in a convenient format, this portable reference is the therapist's first choice for a quick overview of the rehabilitation plan following orthopedic surgery.
Easy-to-follow phase-guideline boxes encapsulate crucial information for over 45 surgeries into phases of healing and rehabilitation covering goals, precautions, treatment strategies, and criteria for advancement - perfect for the busy clinical setting.
Quickly find and review the information you need with convenient bulleted rehabilitation guideline tables.
Succinct overviews of surgical procedures help you remember key details of surgical procedures.
Brief overviews of rehabilitation plans let you quickly review the principles and strategies of rehabilitation that promote healing and recovery from orthopedic surgical procedures.
Criteria for advancement help you determine when your patient is ready to advance to the next phase of rehabilitation.
Editors and contributors from one of the world's most prestigious orthopedic hospitals provide authoritative guidance on orthopedic rehabilitation.
23. Dynamic External Fixation of the Proximal Interphalangeal (PIP) Joint
24. Dupuytren's Fasciectomy
Section III. Pediatric Rehabilitation
25. Lower Extremity Surgical Intervention in Patients with Cerebral Palsy: Bone and Musculotendinous Procedures
26. Spinal Fusion in Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
27. Congenital Muscular Torticollis
Section IV: Spine rehabilitation
28. Lumbar Microdiscectomy
29. Osteoporosis (Including Kyphoplasty)
30. Adult Lumbar Spinal Fusion
Section V. Sports Medicine Rehabilitation
31. Hip Arthroscopy
32. Microfracture Procedure of the Knee
33. Patellar and Quadriceps Tendon Repair
34. Proximal and Distal Realignment
35. Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
36. Posterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
37. Meniscal Repair and Transplantation
38. Achilles Tendon Repair
39. Lateral Ankle Reconstruction
40. Rotator Cuff Repair: Arthroscopic and Open
41. Subacromial Decompression
42. Anterior Stabilization Surgery
43. Posterior Stabilization Surgery
44. Superior Labrum Anterior to Posterior (SLAP) Repair
45. Ulnar Collateral Ligament Reconstruction
By Hospital for Special Surgery
187 x 111 (4 3/8 x 7 3/8)
Please allow 3 - 4 weeks for delivery.
"The text is easy to read as much of the information provided is in bullet points. The guideline tables are clearly presented and easy to follow. Key references are provided at the end of each chapter, which guide the reader to further up-todate information. Moreover, the text is pocket sized and light weight, which means that it could be easily carried throughout the day." International Journal of Therapy and Rehabilitation, April 2009, Vol 16, No 4