The information you really need! This title in the Essentials of Anesthesia and Critical Care series presents core clinical neuroanesthesia and neurointesive care knowledge in a practical, user-friendly format. A manageable size and affordable price makes this an ideal purchase for every clinician who would like an economical yet dependable resource in this specialty.
Provides the key neuroanesthesia and neurointensive care information you need from authorities you trust.
Uses a concise, user-friendly format to help you locate answers quickly.
Features key points boxes in each chapter to help you quickly access the most crucial information.
Includes annotated references that guide you to the most relevant additional resources.
Features a compact size and clinical emphasis that facilitates and enhances bedside patient care.
Contains the authoritative guidance of larger reference books without the expense.
15. Craniotomy for Supratentorial Space Occupying Lesions
16. Craniotomy for Vascular Lesions
17. Craniotomy for Posterior Fossa Lesions
18. Anesthesia for Epilepsy Surgery
19. Awake Craniotomy
20. Stereotactic Surgery
21. Pituitary Surgery
22. Anesthesia for Head Injury
23. Anesthesia for Spinal Surgery
24. Airway Management
25. Carotid Endarterectomy
26. Anesthesia for Neuroradiology
27. Anesthesia & Sedation for Imaging outside OR
28. Anesthesia for Pediatric Neurosurgery
29. Anesthesia for Pediatric Neurotrauma
31. Spinal Cord Trauma
32. Head Injury: Initial Resuscitation and Transfer
33. Head Injury: ICU Management
34. Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
35. Fluid Management
36. Electrolyte Disorders
37. Status Epilepticus
38. Brain Stem Death
40. Jugular Bulb Oxygenation
41. Tissue oxygenation
43. Evoked Potentials
44. EEG and Cerebral Function Monitoring
45 Measurement of CBF including TransCranial Doppler
46. Neuromuscular Disorders
47. Neuroanesthesia in Pregnancy
CASE SCENARIOS with Discussion
By Arun K. Gupta, MD, Macintosh Professor of Anesthesiology, Consultant in Neurointensive Care, Cambridge University, Cambridge, UK; and Adrian W. Gelb, MD, ChB, FRCP(C), Professor, Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA