- You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Home >
- Emergency and Trauma Care for Nurses and Paramedics
The second edition of Emergency and Trauma Care for Nurses and Paramedics provides the most up-to-date and comprehensive coverage of clinical procedures and issues encountered in contemporary emergency care in Australia and New Zealand.
Written by leading academics and clinicians, this fully revised and updated edition follows the patient's journey from pre-hospital retrieval to definitive care. With a strong focus on multidisciplinary care, this evidence-based emergency and trauma resource will appeal to pre-hospital care providers, rural, remote and urban emergency nurses and allied health professionals, as well as disaster management and interfacility transport staff.
Essential concepts are covered in a logical order, commencing with:
- An introduction to emergency professions and professional issues
- Clinical and health systems
- Patient presentations ordered by body system as well as toxicology, envenomation, ocular, environmental emergencies and unique population groups
- Major trauma assessment and management and end-of-life care information and considerations.
Emergency and Trauma Care for Nurses and Paramedics 2e continues to be the pre-eminent resource for students preparing to enter the emergency environment and for clinicians seeking a greater understanding of multidisciplinary care from retrieval through to rehabilitation.
- A cultural safety approach is included throughout - addressing cultural diversity, beliefs and values and focusing on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and Mãori health
- Essentials outline the main points addressed in each chapter
- Practice tips throughout assist with communication skills, procedures and assessment
- Case studies are supported by questions and answers to encourage active learning
- New online resources available on Evolve, including over 30 new case studies with paramedic-specific questions.
New to this Edition
- Highlighted skills - cross references to the Clinical Skills chapter throughout text
- Over 30 new case studies
- Patient journey from pre-hospital and emergency-specific case studies
- Critical thinking questions at the end of chapters
- Chapter 35 Obstetric emergencies now includes 'Supporting a normal birth'.
|Table of Contents||
Section 1: Overview of Emergency Care
|Author Information||By Kate Curtis, RN BN Grad Dip (Crit Care) MNurs (Hons) PhD, Associate Professor at Sydney Nursing School, University of Sydney, Trauma Clinical Nurse Consultant, St George Hospital, Sydney and Clair Ramsden, MA (Health Service Management) MA (Health Care Ethics Area), Executive Director of Nursing and Midwifery, Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District, NSW Health, Sydney, and Associate Professor, Health, University of Technology Sydney, NSW, AUS|
|Trim||275 x 215mm|
|Stock Status||In - Stock|
This excellent textbook should have a place in any emergency nurses library. Review by Australian College of Emergency Nursing
The book is a essential companion to emergency nurses that are studying in post graduate critical care courses. It will provide the base for practice and give clues to finding further research to provide evidence to assignments and clinical practice.
This textbook is written to all levels of emergency nursing. All emergency nurses will expand their knowledge and become more skilful and professional by reading and using this resource. By reading this book you will improve practice. (Posted on 17/01/2017)
95/100 The textbook is filled with exceptional practical clinical and theoretical wisdom. Review by Diana
As a non English speaking background student, I found the the book as an essential resource since it is easy to read, thorough and well structured. Furthermore, the book contains plenty of graphs, flow charts and conceptual maps that aid the student in the process of critical thinking and the priorities in emergency situations. I think I will keep using this book as a reference resource after finishing my nursing course as it is evidence based, practical, contains quick and specif reviews about health assessment and pathophysiology and it is easy to follow.
To improve: It would be good if with the purchase of the paperback the buyer could get access to an e-copy since the book is quite heavy and sometimes it uncomfortable to carry it in the backpack.
(Posted on 05/04/2016)